NBC Cleans House

Devilsdude530

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If NBC wants Trautwig, they are first going to have to extricate his lips from Jim Dolan's posterior.

My vote for studio host is the monkey from "Most Valuable Primate," if he's available. I think he'll get the ratings up to 2.0.

3. To show entire playoff games.

I thought Clement wasn't that bad as a Host show for NBC.I really disliked Ray Ferrero and Brett Hull..When they did their segments , it was Black or white, their thoughts was so stupid..And now Mike Milbury is in???Whats next, Jeremy Roenick..fvck.

I remember back in October/November..Hull was commenting the Devils style.He said, it was boring crap ectt.I knew Hull was a loud mouth, that showed me how Stupid he was.

I just hope they don't let Roenick go on NBC. :argh:

Trautwig has grown a lot over the years, from doing the sideline stories at MSG to pretty good interviews. I don't know how he would handle the presenter's desk for a studio show. Its more complicated than refereeing Hull and Ferraro, all the admin stuff in his earpiece.

NBC should try actually carrying the playoffs. Forget about who is in the booths. Does anyone really care?

I miss the Doc and JD game coverage in the playoffs.

No, Milbury will be in the arena but not between the benches.

So how would YOU sell the game, Jester? You slam one of the few hockey-loving American members of the media whenever his name comes up, but with the exception of one column during the lockout where you advocated the TV contract going to HBO, I don't think you've ever mentioned who you'd rather see. Who do you think will capture the attention of the American viewing public?

By Intermission show meaning they are going to get rid of being in the studio or the Rockefeller rink. Instead it will be Milbury and the host at the arena. Probably something similar to what Hockey Night in Canada does with have McLean and Cherry at the arena.

No, Milbury will be in the arena but not between the benches.

I've cooled on the Melrose idea, but not on this one:

Between the first and second period, it's The Penalty Box -- a 12-minute, no-holds-barred roundtable about the state of the NHL -- moderated by Costas, with panelists Denis Leary, Cam Neely, and a revolving guest chair that promises to be Pang-less, Engblom-less, and Clement-less.

I'm still really proud of the idea, and explained the studio show like this:

Suddenly we're looking at a studio every bit as spacious and awe-inspiring as TNT's NBA basketball mothership. Costas, our host, sits dead center, a large video screen showing hockey highlights in back of him. To his right are NHL Hall of Famer Cam Neely (most HBO viewers will of course remember Cam for his role as “Sea Bass” in “Dumb and Dumber”), and former NHL referee Paul Stewart, the tell-it-like-it-is, old time hockey advocate. Think of him as HBO’s Barkley, at least until Roenick retires.

And to Costas’s left is Barry Melrose. Because there’s just something about Barry Melrose, people.

I've cooled on the Melrose idea, but not on this one:

Between the first and second period, it's The Penalty Box -- a 12-minute, no-holds-barred roundtable about the state of the NHL -- moderated by Costas, with panelists Denis Leary, Cam Neely, and a revolving guest chair that promises to be Pang-less, Engblom-less, and Clement-less.

<JESTER>

Edited by devilsrule33