NHL center ice

overtime98

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As of right now, there's no deal set in place for Cablevision and Center Ice.

" Cablevision has offered customers access to the NHL Center Ice package for many years, and is pursuing the rights to offer these out-of-market games again during the 2007-2008 season. We will provide updates to our customers as additional information becomes available."

http://optimum.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/optimu...amp;p_topview=1

As of right now, there's no deal set in place for Cablevision and Center Ice.

" Cablevision has offered customers access to the NHL Center Ice package for many years, and is pursuing the rights to offer these out-of-market games again during the 2007-2008 season. We will provide updates to our customers as additional information becomes available."

http://optimum.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/optimu...amp;p_topview=1

Edited by CADevilsFan

That what I saw from the website too, what a bunch of crap.... the season is next week. I remember already having it last year and years before.....I remember because it gave me the remaining baseball games from extra innings. cablevision better carry NHL center ice.

As I understand it, Comcast doesn't have a deal yet either. And I already paid my money for this season. IT WAS A FREAKING BIRTHDAY PRESENT!

I swear, if they don't get their act together I am going to use all my law school knowledge to force them into a contract with one another.

Well I just talked to Comcast New England and they said the package is avaliable and I just signed up for $149 for the season. :boogie:

So my guess is In Demand has an agrement with the NHL as I know they are the ones who carry the package for most digital cabel companies. If that lady lied to me I will find her and beat her up.

You still can't get HD Devils/Rangers/Isles/Nets/Knicks on DirecTV because of the monopoly. Cablevision refuses to provide the feeds of FSNY-HD or MSG-HD.

And it's something I live with. I get other HD games. It's worth not having to deal with the stupid cable company. Not to mention that Sunday Ticket (if you're a football fan- particularly a fan of an out of market team like myself)) is the only reason you need to get DirecTV. If Center Ice becomes exclusive to DirecTV (which isn't gonna happen BTW) you'd have two reasons.

i called time warner today and they said it would be available to buy tomorrow.

but, the girl on the phone said (and i quote), "Sorry but i'm kinda slow, Can you call tomorrow? I think it will be available then"

:doh1:

So I just called TWC in Albany. They won't be carrying CI this year.......

Ooooh, big mistake. The idiots over at Time Warner obviously forgot that the combination of multiple fan bases in the Albany area and the worst blackout rules in all of professional sports makes Center Ice a necessity for Rangers, Devils, Islanders, and Bruins fans alike. (Sabres fans are the only ones who don't have to worry about whether their game is available on any given night.)

Ya, I am hoping the woman I spoke to is a ditsy cow, but I am not holding out great hope. She said "it wasn't worth the expense to the company", "the customers thought it was to expensive" (WTF?).

I told her in that case I will be ceasing my cable order, she didn't seem bothered by that. I just wish there was another option.....I can't get satellite (not that I'd really want it). TWC in Albany is beyond sh!te, their HD offerings are utterly PATHETIC.

i checked the IO Guide last night, (Cablevision in north bergen county)

Center Ice appears to start next thursday somewhere in the 400s (After MLB extra innings is over)

but cablevision's site doesnt have any info for it, but i guess it exists if the IO guide has it listed...

stupid cable companies

I was a subscriber for the past few seasons, but I'm not wasting my money or time anymore on a franchise that fooled me for 2 seasons and will never, ever win the Cup.

What like the Bills??? :P

Think of this way, you're paying to see Hockey Night in Canada... really cool Canadian commercials and ANY announcers are better then the awful Kings and Ducks ones!!!

Well maybe not in Phoenix....