For those saying Vanderbeek doesn't do it all...

themiddle91489

My friend and his dad went to their first game tonight at the Rock (had the $10 seats). During the game they were walking around and ran into Vanderbeek somewhere out on the concourse. I guess my friend's dad approached him rather courteously, because according to him they were talking about fifteen minutes. Vanderbeek asked them questions about the arena and the team and how they liked the overall experience.

Then, out of nowhere, Vanderbeek leads them to the Fire Bar, walks up to a waiter and says "Sit these 2 guys down by the glass... and dinner is on me." smiled, shook their hands and walked away.

I love our owner.

Family friend's son is a Captain in the Army. If you remember back in the summer there was a shot of a group of Army guys in Devils hats in Iraq, I think..,mighta be Afghanistan. Anyway, Vanderbeek had the soldier at opening night (remember they announced him and he was given a standing ovation)...Vanderbeek is getting/or already has a framed photo of that picture in his office...and said anytime they want to go to a game to give him a call.

I'm glad Chico was out and about. Maybe we won't lose the feeling of comradery -- time will tell. But Vanderbeek is definatley doing a good job making the honeymoon perfect. :evil: He's still a Devils fan and that's a very neat thing.

Who can even question Devils's fan loyalty when a fan bought them??? I think they ought to say THAT next time the press tries to jeer.

I won a tour of Vanderbeek's chocolate factory. And although all the other kids perished due to their greedy, self-centered ways, I made it to the very end.

And when Mr. Vanderbeek informed me that I wouldn't get my lifetime supply of chocolate because I violated Section 37-B of the contract I'd signed, I gave him back his Gobstopper (instead of giving it to his rival - Slugworth).

And Vanderbeek...sorry, this is where I get emotional...I need a second...he thanked me for my kindness by GIVING ME THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY!

That Vanderbeek is one hell of a guy.

One HELL of a guy.

P.S. GO DEVILS!

I've heard good and bad things about the arena...the only good thing is, it seems like the ownership will work to make things better.

I know some people who are considering NOT getting season tickets next year because they feel like sitting in the upper tier they really got the shaft.

Short version of a story proving Vanderbeek's awesomeness.

I know a guy who showed up to get $10 tickets, along with 20 other people. They were among the first 30 people in line, so mathematically, they were guaranteed tickets. Got to the counter, told it was sold out. He flipped out, left. Sent an email to the Devils complaining. Got a response email asking for his phone number.

Week and a half later, Vanderbeek calls him. Apologizes for the inconvenience - gives him 30 lower level seats to any game of his choosing, provided there is availability.

He said Vanderbeek then talked with him on the phone for another few minutes, asking about what he did, where he coached hockey - and VB even knew about the upcoming local hockey games. Said the guy really loves hockey.

...just unbelievable.