POD: #4 Overshadows Win #9 for Devils

CMONPETEYD

Here is what I sent him for those interested:

Mark,

Over at njdevs.com you are one of our favorite writers to discuss. Not for the reasons that you probably think. We feel as if you constantly jab at the Devils for topics such as attendance, Newark and losing to the Rangers in 1994. Maybe some of your controversial pieces get you more readers. Let me post some of the responses to your recent articles at njdevs.com before the main event. (Note: All of this negative press happening during out 9 Game winning streak)

You Wrote:

Kool-Aid, anyone? Word is Barry Melrose will be touring Newark and the arena today after ripping the city and rink last month. Wonder if the happy bus will venture to the south and west parts of town? . . .

Response:

(N)Єverson should add, "Of course, the town where in 1994 Messier promised victory in advance, has no rough spots."

You Wrote:

"Zdeno Chara, Glen Murray and Dennis Wideman had the half-full arena booing its streaking Devils after the first. Langenbrunner wasn't exactly Mark Messier between periods in his first opportunity."

Response:

Well, you have to give the man credit. He has mastered his craft.

He:

- slammed the Devils attendance

- insinuated that the Devils fans are spoiled and classless (for booing a team that's won 7 in a row)

- mentioned Messier

ALL IN ONE SENTENCE.

As you can see Mark, although you sometimes give backhanded compliments, you always seem to get your jabs in.

Based on your writing style against the Devils, most notably in this 9 Game winning streak I wrote an article last night that most closely matches your writing style, and something I thought would be in today's post. It may be an exaggeration to your writing style but very similar in a lot of ways.

(Copied and pasted above article)

Thanks and have a nice day

Tom