GDT: Philly @ DEVILS Dec 16, 2007, 5:00 PM ET

msweet

Plenty of parking????? was that near the arena or far away???

take the train.

Can't beat it!

forget the parking!

BTW

Your experience at the game tonight has been mine from day one.

i just got back from my first game at the rock and i have nothing bad to say about it. it was easy getting in, easy getting out. there was plenty of parking, the food was great, all the employies were kind and helpfull. the devils won. it could not of been a better game to attend my first game at the rock. plus i broke my 2 game lossing streak of the devils when i go to the games

It's ALL good!!!

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two words --- MASS and TRANSIT.

Changes the game for a lot of people as far as getting to and from the arena. This weekend is one of the best examples we've had for that.

Yep. I might have been a no-show if I had to drive because it still looked pretty bad out at 2, especially since my fellow seatmate basically had no interest in going. Fortunately it cleared up by three for the most part and driving ten minutes to the station is a big difference compared to forty to the Izod Arena.

One of the most fun games of the season, over in 209 the mascot was walking on the pathway underneath during the second period and someone yelled out really loud 'Hey NJay, get yer ass over here!'. The mascot obliged and walked up to them and the section went nuts :)

Edited by Hasan4978

Great game...no doubt, remind me what division and conference do the refs play in again?

Eastern, Atlantic, or are they just a Philly minor league affiliate?

For all you Asham haters...he just did something fo you - LATELY!

It may be cruel but given the general Philly dirty hitting mentality - I would just love to see a Vishnevski "career-halting hit" on Philly's precious little Daniel Briere (ala Stevens on Lindros) as pay back for Bergeron and the long list of others.

How wonderful it would be to see one of their little $$$ gems like Briere or Richards have to sit a whole season out!

Yeah, I know...nasty....but karma is a bitch!

:evil::evil::evil:

Anyone notice in the third period the original ZZ POP line was back! And Zajac played noticeably better offensively when he had Zach and the Lipper as his wings.

yes I noticed this....

Zajac has been playing well defensively and he creates turnovers, but needs to step up offensively! Hopefully if Sutter keeps this line together it will spark Zajac!

That was a fun game. Really exciting second period. The sequence of the penalty shot followed by Madden's goal was the loudest I've heard an NHL arena in a long time. One thing I'm wondering is what happened to tons of Flyer fans invading our building. There were 500-1000 Flyer fans there tops. 5-10 years ago when we played them there would be thousands. Are they scared of Newark?

That was a fun game. Really exciting second period. The sequence of the penalty shot followed by Madden's goal was the loudest I've heard an NHL arena in a long time. One thing I'm wondering is what happened to tons of Flyer fans invading our building. There were 500-1000 Flyer fans there tops. 5-10 years ago when we played them there would be thousands. Are they scared of Newark?

I think they're scared of traveling the Turnpike in the weather conditions today.

Plus, they had to watch their hopeless tease Eagles beat Dallas.

Yeah he played tonight, got into a fight n' such. Doesn't play too often but he's there every once and again.

I know he played, but he took a hard punch and never took another shift.

I thought that meant he was hurt.

Anyone notice in the third period the original ZZ POP line was back! And Zajac played noticeably better offensively when he had Zach and the Lipper as his wings.

They were actually together to start the game and for the most part with the rare exception of rotating in one of the fourth liners since Rupp wasn't playing. It was nice to see all of the chemistry they had and as you pointed out, Zajac looked like last year's Zajac.

really nice to see a house full of red and black, there wasn't much orange lurking around the rink today :D After last season i had kinda forgotten how much i LOATHED the flyers but this game totally renewed the vitriol.

really nice to see a house full of red and black, there wasn't much orange lurking around the rink today :D After last season i had kinda forgotten how much i LOATHED the flyers but this game totally renewed the vitriol.

Great game tonight! This is the first game of the season I have been to that the team WON, it felt AWESOME!

By the way, I think I saw you tonight if you are the person in your icon (why wouldn't you be haha)... I think it was somewhere on the concourse before the game.

MIke

The trains were packed though. They need to do a better job getting people on and off and they defiantly need more trains. The train was full of people from the rangers and devils games and i had to stand in the mid part the entire time with about 10 others and we were told to move in or we would get kicked off but they had to take back the comment once they realized they couldnt move us because we wouldnt be able to.

Considering who they represent and where their team is located, they shouldn't be afraid of anything.

It'ts been like this for several years now. At the swamp fewer Flyer fans have shown up as opposed to a decade ago. That's what happens when your team has 2 Cups and an increase in STH over that period.

The trains were packed though. They need to do a better job getting people on and off and they defiantly need more trains. The train was full of people from the rangers and devils games and i had to stand in the mid part the entire time with about 10 others and we were told to move in or we would get kicked off but they had to take back the comment once they realized they couldnt move us because we wouldnt be able to.

Patience.... We take the 4:22 xpress from Rt 17 Ramsey, we are in newark by 5:24 and have a seat the whole way.

After we take the 2nd or 3rd or whatever train out of there, they run about every half hour till 12:47 or so. Those are not crowded at all.

Driving to a train station is half the ride down, its almost a bad idea to take the train from my standpoint.

Nutz to that. See my above post bergen county....

Train on bad weather days or weekdays is the best thing ever. If you are in Bergen county you have plenty of options.