OGT: Devils @ Buffalo 7PM

msweet

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just gotta shake your head and laugh at this one. This team knows how to win.

I agree with you. At the end of the year it isn't about how pretty they were it is about points and right now this team is finding way's to win.

I cant believe we pulled this one out and got the W. After watching how both teams started and the score quickly tilting, I was hoping for at least a point, but for this team to pull out both points is just really impressive and shows lots of character and confidence. great unexpected win!!!!!!!! :dance:

Just gotta shake your head and laugh at this one. This team knows how to win.

Reminds me of one of Melrose's (unfortunately ill-fated) statements when he basically threw up his hands in '04 and said he didn't have any idea how the Devils got 100 points and they weren't a better team than the Flyers but they would win the series because they just knew how to win.

If it wasn't for the fact that Buffalo's fallen on hard times and lost like ten in a row - or the fact that these wins are shootouts after all - this is the kind of win that would make you think something special's in the air this year.

Clown's really gotta be institutionalized now. I don't think (yet) any team has lost three straight shootouts to a team in the span of 15 days, not to mention blowing two late leads in the process. Talk about a hat trick :giggle:

Edited by Hasan4978

Best Skrlac quote of the night from the radio, and i'm paraphrasing a bit because I don't remember EXACTLY how it went but something like this...

"Yeah, and Vanek may be skating a little slow because of that HUGE wallet in his back pocket weighing him down"

Skrlac is a HUGE HOMER when he does color but I think it's awesome. Anything to make me laugh at something besides LAUGHLIN himself.

i think chico said it best when he said what the devils did tonight was grand larceny.

i love the fact they didn't show any quit all game, got some lucky breaks, and somehow managed to come away with 2 pts. now they have 4 days to relax and recover before a long home stand. let's not blow this momentum we have going against the islanders wednesday.

and i hope madden is ok and can play wednesday.

Nice comeback win boys! I don't know how they did it, but they did it nonetheless! :):clap2:

David "Mr Wraparound" Clarkson got it done tonight!! Woooo...

The Pens lost a point, and so did the Flyers..which is great! The Rangers won unfortunately, but they're still last in the division. :evil:

Hopefully Madden is OK...

:gd:

Grand Larceny, Highway Robbery, Breaking & Entering...

Anyway you look at it they were very lucky to pull this off.

Looks like I got what I asked for in the thread before the game:

Brodeur to embarass Vanek yet again in the shootout...for what Vanek's making he needs to get some shootout strategy!!! :doh1:

I guess what I mean by embarass is that Vanek seems like one of the very few high-paid players (stars) that seems to have absolutely no plan come shootout time. Every time we've seen him up against Marty (and maybe other teams?) it seems like its the first time he's done this. :noclue: