Tomorrow's Game

NJayDevil

Yeah - all Isles/Devils games are double-broadcast by me (I have Metro). You have a choice between Howie Rose (the annoying announcer) or Chico Resch (the annoying commentator). Pick yer poison!

I just like Doc too much to switch. :)

Risky:

Yeah - all Isles/Devils games are double-broadcast by me (I have Metro). You have a choice between Howie Rose (the annoying announcer) or Chico Resch (the annoying commentator). Pick yer poison!

I just like Doc too much to switch. :)

Since Doc will be doing an ABC game this weekend your choice is now Matt/Chico and Howie/Joe Micheletti. Which one will you tune in now? ;)

Bring back Peter McNabb!!

You haven't heard McNabb in Colorado lately have you ?? He's beome this annoying Helium like homer-machine who even goes to the point of THANKING players in his goal calls and calling his team the good guys as ANTI-Devil as Chico is.. McNabb WAY too biased now and makes me ill.....

You haven't heard McNabb in Colorado lately have you ?? He's beome this annoying Helium like homer-machine who even goes to the point of THANKING players in his goal calls and calling his team the good guys as ANTI-Devil as Chico is.. McNabb WAY too biased now and makes me ill.....

Not only that, I caught an Avalanche game on the satellite, I couldn't believe how worn and tired his face seem to be. It was only one game, but he didn't seem to be enjoying it as much as when he was doing Devils telecasts.

I thought John Kelly was the one doing all the "thanking". That dude is beyond annoying! I'd almost rather watch Thorne! :wacko:

I remember watching a game against the Canes, and the Avs tied it in the last minute and he just went off "THANK YOU ... THANK YOU!!!" Got even worse when they won it in OT.

derek, i beg to differ. firstly, every commentator is allowed a degree of homerism. michiletti is, after all, an employee of the islanders and is catering to islander fans. secondly, michiletti does give props to opposing teams and his analysis of the game itself is insightful. it's not like JD hyping up dale purinton for dumping the puck in the zone. michiletti actually comments on worthwhile things.

I can't stand the Colorado announcer - he's as bad with the "good guys" thing as the Chicaco White Sox announcers - and that makes me want to throw things at the TV.

:o

The only thing I don't like about Micheletti (sp?) is that he has an annoying tone to his voice that makes him sound critical all the time. I noticed it during the Olympics. He & ? Albert (Marv Albert's son - can't remember his first name) were really bad. Neither one of them bothered to call the game that was going on on the ice.