GDT: Washington vs. Devils, 7:00 PM ET

Devilsdude530

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The offence was brutal. The Devils have not scored in over 90 minutes. Huet was barely tested and didn't break a sweat all night.

Let's give credit where it is due. The Caps came into the Devils barn and played a solid road game. Their forecheck was VERY effective all game long and they capitalized on their chances.

Too bad my NHL CI feed ends right after the game because this is a Sutter press conference I would like to see. Expect a much better team to show up for the game tomorrow against the Habs.

Boy was I wrong on expecting a good 3rd period. I don't think the effort was bad tonight, at least the first 40 minutes or so. The Caps played a good game and once they got that quick goal to start the 3rd the Devils kind of rolled over for them a bit. Patty not keeping his stick off of peoples faces didn't help the cause either.

It's really fvcked up though how quick things can change. The Devils have earned 3 out of their last 6 possible points but probably should be on a 3 game losing streak right now. Marty played well again tonight but even he ran out of tricks to steal some points for the boys. Tough loss for sure.

No time to dwell on this one however. Tomorrow is a must win. The conference is so tight and a loss tomorrow will really make things tough.