Draft Day Party Details!

DevilNurn

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anybody think that since they are (supposudly) replacing 800 upper deck seats at The Rock, that they would sell them at the equipment sale at the Draft Party?

I doubt it.

If they are replacing 800 seats in the upper level than the other seats would still be under warranty and sure they will get credit for each and every seat that is replaced since it is a brand new arena.

Does anybody think that since they are (supposudly) replacing 800 upper deck seats at The Rock, that they would sell them at the equipment sale at the Draft Party?

This is weird to me, there's got to be a lot more than 800 seats in the upper deck. There are 200 (former) $10 seats and they make up a fraction of the upper level. I thought it was 3500 seats up there. I don't see what swapping out 800 of them is going to improve, unless they're removing 800 seats for good and spacing the rest of the seats out better so that we have more room to breathe up there. Can't see them doing that either because on most nights all those seats were pretty much sold out.

Edited by skeeter

This is weird to me, there's got to be a lot more than 800 seats in the upper deck. There are 200 (former) $10 seats and they make up a fraction of the upper level. I thought it was 3500 seats up there. I don't see what swapping out 800 of them is going to improve, unless they're removing 800 seats for good and spacing the rest of the seats out better so that we have more room to breathe up there. Can't see them doing that either because on most nights all those seats were pretty much sold out.

That's the number that I heard from a friend of mine who said that a seating company was in The Rock to take out 800 seats. :noclue:

Any offical word on which Devils are appearing at the Party?

Any offical word on which Devils are appearing at the Party?

I called the Devils today and they said there were 8-10 unconfirmed past and present Devils, but they wouldn't say who.

The guy told me to call back on Thursday and they would have a list ready then.

Edited by JWomp

Very cool.

As per TG:

Among the current and former Devils expected to attend are Sergei Brylin, John Madden, Andy Greene, Rod Pelley, Scott Stevens, John MacLean, Bruce Driver, Rob Skrlac and Grant Marshall. They'll be available for photos and autographs. Radio broadcasters Matt Loughlin and Sherry Ross will host the event.

As per TG:

Among the current and former Devils expected to attend are Sergei Brylin, John Madden, Andy Greene, Rod Pelley, Scott Stevens, John MacLean, Bruce Driver, Rob Skrlac and Grant Marshall. They'll be available for photos and autographs. Radio broadcasters Matt Loughlin and Sherry Ross will host the event.

PELLEY! :D

As per TG:

I'd assume that this means a deal will be worked out with Brylin. If not, kind of weird to think this could be the last time seeing him in Jersey...

I'd assume that this means a deal will be worked out with Brylin. If not, kind of weird to think this could be the last time seeing him in Jersey...

Lou could ask him to turn in his uniform an hour and a half after the draft party, oh wait that's another team in town.

As far as the list...Rob Skrlac again? He was there two years ago, he's getting a lot of mileage out of playing like one game for the Devils.

Not necessarilly. Brylin can still be gone in this off season. It could very well we see Brylin for the last time doing anything with the Devils here.

Just suprised it is only Brylin, Madden, Greene and Pelley when it comes to the active players for the Devils. I was hoping there would be more but maybe some of the other players are on vacation or out of state and country. The good thing is that Scott Stevens will be there and there will be long lines as usual for him to get pictures and autographs.

If something isn't worked out then Brylin will just exercise his option and earn 1.5 million dollars from the Devils next season.

If something isn't worked out then Brylin will just exercise his option and earn 1.5 million dollars from the Devils next season.

That's not a guarantee. If Lou assures him that he does NOT have a place on the team if he does that, he may decide not to do that.

It's hard to see much of a difference between Pelley and Brylin at this stage in their careers.

That's not a guarantee. If Lou assures him that he does NOT have a place on the team if he does that, he may decide not to do that.

It's hard to see much of a difference between Pelley and Brylin at this stage in their careers.

Sure, there is no guarantee Marty doesn't retire before the season starts either. It would be extremely hard to walk away from 1.5 million dollars and I don't see many people doing that.

Or could spend the year as veteran leadership, replacing Marshall in lowell

My last day of school is the day of the draft party, so going to the Draft party would be one of the great ways to celebrate the end of my Junior year of HS. :koolaid:

Is it a fun event, I know the New York Giants Draft party is always a blast, so is this one worth going to?

He definitely could. I guess I just can't picture him forcing Lou's hand like that. As CRASHER said, he could be signing himself a one-way ticket to Lowell. I think both sides would prefer to come to some agreement. Of course, I'll be there Friday to get my 1995 panoramic shot of the cup celebration signed just in case... :ph34r:

My last day of school is the day of the draft party, so going to the Draft party would be one of the great ways to celebrate the end of my Junior year of HS. :koolaid:

Is it a fun event, I know the New York Giants Draft party is always a blast, so is this one worth going to?

CMON McLovin

Edited by CMONBRENT