VP Candidate Sarah Palin to drop puck at Flyers opener

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, this thing has been floating around and has already caused some politically heated words.

Despite the hockey tie-in, I personally like the "NO-POLITICS ZONE" approach to the fundamental rules of discussion here in Hell.

There's plenty of places to do that online and also here at NJDEVS.

Actually, this forum is a nice respite from the campaign right now....

Edited by DevilinLA

Whatever your politics, I hope we can all agree that Sarah Palin's puck drop will bring publicity to hockey, which is a good thing. Remind me when was the last time a presidential or vice-presidential candidate went to a hockey game during their campaign, not to mention dropped the puck at the opening face-off? ...Yeah, I thought so.

i know this'll get moved soon but i agree with dmitri and just hope she doesn't get booed - that would be another black mark for hockey and Philadelphia - although admittedly Philadelphia is just one giant black mark.

I disagree. Cheering her would be a huge black mark. It would show that hockey fans are sheep that do as they are told without thinking. Booing her shows that hockey fans pay attention and know what is going on in the world.

Booing is acceptable but since it flows so rhythmically I would prefer a nice "Palin sucks" chant.

This was a dumb choice by everyone involved. 20,000 people who will spend all afternoon drinking in a parking lot. I guess the best you can hope for is a mixed reaction, this is Philly, they are not going to politely applause. You just hope someone doesn't do anything REALLY stupid, but again, this is Philly, where fat fans fall into the penalty box with Tie Domi.

This was a dumb choice by everyone involved. 20,000 people who will spend all afternoon drinking in a parking lot. I guess the best you can hope for is a mixed reaction, this is Philly, they are not going to politely applause. You just hope someone doesn't do anything REALLY stupid, but again, this is Philly, where fat fans fall into the penalty box with Tie Domi.

eh i think both the NHL and mccain/palin are both somewhat desperate and operating under the old saw of 'the only bad publicity is no publicity' - right now it's one of the top headlines on yahoo's NHL news, she's a hockey mom, etc. works for everyone it seems, actually.

Edited by Triumph

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.