GDT: Devils Vs. Buffalo Sabres - 7PM

thelastonealive

What the hell, I'll give it a go:

New Jersey Devils Vs. Buffalo Sabres, 7 PM

http://www.nhl.com/ice/preview.htm?id=2008020168

Injuries have plagued the New Jersey Devils all season. The latest player to be sidelined may be their most irreplaceable.

The Devils will be without goaltender Martin Brodeur on Monday when they host the Buffalo Sabres.

One month into the season, New Jersey (6-2-2) has already dealt with a variety of injuries. Forwards Brian Rolston (ankle), Bobby Holik (pinkie) and Barry Tallackson (irregular heartbeat) are on injured reserve, while defenseman Andy Greene is expected to miss four to six weeks after undergoing surgery on Friday for a broken hand.

Brodeur became the latest addition to that list after bruising his left elbow during the second period of Saturday's 6-1 rout of Atlanta. The Devils' official Web site reported Brodeur will undergo an X-ray and an MRI exam. Regardless of the results of those tests, his career-high streak of 51 consecutive regular-season starts will come to an end.

It's not the end of the world with Weekes in net. We can still win this one.

Lost in all the injury hubbub is the fact that Zach Parise goes for a club-record seven straight games scoring at least a goal.

LETS GO DEVILS!

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well for all you fans that wanted Weekes in the line up, well here you go. Brodeur out for tonight's tough game vs. Buffalo, which BTW they can score goals. I just hope Weekes plays like he did the last game and they way he did when he use to play against the Devils when he was in Carolina. Now that Martin is out, the Devils defense has to really step it up vs. a good Buffalo team. This will be a tough 2pts. no doubt and if they get them it will be a much earned win and 2pts. Hopefully we all will hear good news about Brodeur and will only miss tonight's and Wednesday nights game vs. Tampa Bay. :pray: Just keep hoping for the best for Brodeur Devils fans. Get er done Devils. Get the win.

:evil:LETS GO DEVILS!!! :evil:

I just hope Weekes plays like he did the last game and they way he did when he use to play against the Devils when he was in Carolina.

I don't think the Sabres shoot at the crest on the jersey or at the glass as much as the Devils did in that one playoff series. :P