FAN-TASTIC GIG

Devils731

http://www.nypost.com/seven/03012009/news/..._gig_157527.htm

Hughes, 37, makes about six figures a year for attending 80 games and doing what most do for fun.
Hughes stumbled drunkenly into his life's calling when he went nuts at an Ottawa Senators hockey match in 1994.

"I'd had too much to drink and I just started going crazy," said Hughes. After the game, the team offered him a few hundred bucks to come back. And a star - er, psycho fan - was born.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought he was amusing but I'm sure it'll get old. Hell the dude gets paid 2k and gets to watch the game. Good for him!

Get? It's already old, especially the nights he did it four or five times a game early in the season. Yeah he probably appeals to the fan that goes to a handful of games a season and doesn't realize he's a hired gun but I'm glad he hasn't been there the last few games I've gone to (every game except the Panther game which he was at apparently).

That guy has pissed me off ever since he was dancing circles while our franchise (Marty) was down on the ice with an injury.

Yeah, I haven't had much use for him since then. It's obvious he was paid, but I didn't realize he did the same thing for other NHL teams too.

Edited by Hasan4978

Paying $2k a game for a "professional" fan who may not even root for the Devils, it's hard to swallow for me.

True he get the crowd going at game, but any other Devils fan would do the job as well or better than him. and I agree with " Martysb3tter" when Brodeur sign he was really hurt, cameron was just being the same idiot as he was, He could have started a chant in support of brodeur.

Get? It's already old, especially the nights he did it four or five times a game early in the season. Yeah he probably appeals to the fan that goes to a handful of games a season and doesn't realize he's a hired gun but I'm glad he hasn't been there the last few games I've gone to (every game except the Panther game which he was at apparently).

Yeah, I haven't had much use for him since then. It's obvious he was paid, but I didn't realize he did the same thing for other NHL teams too.

Yeah sorry I unfortunately have only been able to go to the Rags/Devs game a couple weeks ago. I did find him amusing but I'm sure if I was able to go to more games he would get annoying, like I said.

I give him mad props though for having that much energy...drunk or sober I could never keep up that much enthusiasm. I smoke too much though...

as if I didn't want to kick him down the steps to his bloody death already

HE GETS 2 GRAND A GAME TO MAKE US LOOK LIKE IDIOTS!?!?!?!?!

I hope he drowns in his own toilet...

... actually he belongs in MSG.... take him for the Rangers Dolan!!!!

He makes himself look like a goon. Its actually annoying, noone wants his sweaty ass shirts!

I am with you.

I don't get the crazed , unshaven drunken act?

I saw him wipe his sweaty face with a T shirt and hand it to a young kid. Disgusting.

He should go to the Flyers where they really are like that.

Well on second thought he just might have too much competition! :boogie:

I thought he did a great job on 1/2 at that sellout against the Habs. He got the lower level riled up and messed with the THOUSANDS of Habs fans that were in attendance.

It's the same thing over and over again and it does get old, but he does do a good job. Sometimes Devils crowds can be quiet.

and you all hated Bauman? I'm grateful i never noticed him. I think it's BEYOND stupid the Devils feel they have to pay this guy. But if it makes the team happy -- it really just a reflection on how much Devils fans suck truth be told. Or how dignified they are? I'm a WASP - I always sit on my hands :urg:

and you all hated Bauman? I'm grateful i never noticed him. I think it's BEYOND stupid the Devils feel they have to pay this guy. But if it makes the team happy -- it really just a reflection on how much Devils fans suck truth be told. Or how dignified they are? I'm a WASP - I always sit on my hands :urg:

Bauman is the man, but it's fvcking hilarious when people heckle him. I recall game 3 of the Toronto series in 2000 the most- Bauman and his wife were one section over from me and this group of dudes behind me were just destroying him AND the wife all night. They mainly focused on Bauman's fondness for the bottle.

Bauman is the man, but it's fvcking hilarious when people heckle him. I recall game 3 of the Toronto series in 2000 the most- Bauman and his wife were one section over from me and this group of dudes behind me were just destroying him AND the wife all night. They mainly focused on Bauman's fondness for the bottle.

I've had people tell me Baumann is a huge douche.

I've had people tell me Baumann is a huge douche.

I've never actually met him. I just love the D-E-V-I-L-S cheer he does because it's old school, and he actually means it- unlike this Hayes moron. Bauman may be a douchebag for all I know, but he's a good Devils fan.

I've never actually met him. I just love the D-E-V-I-L-S cheer he does because it's old school, and he actually means it- unlike this Hayes moron. Bauman may be a douchebag for all I know, but he's a good Devils fan.

I love hearing that chant. It's been a staple at Devils games for a long time. Remember two years ago in CAA when they brought out some girls and some DUDE cheerleader to try to do it and they got their asses BOO'ed haha.

I love hearing that chant. It's been a staple at Devils games for a long time. Remember two years ago in CAA when they brought out some girls and some DUDE cheerleader to try to do it and they got their asses BOO'ed haha.

I actually do remember that. I was fvcking appauled.

the question is why Lou don't "contract" Baumann as a cheer guy??? send him the lower section, where the Casual fans stay, usually not cheering.

And on the top sections. problably the crazies would take care.

I was on Devils x colorado, and was awesome the last 2 minutes, the whole Cauldron cherring " martin Martin Martin" but it did not as long as I hoped.

The fans have to make the rock into a boiling "Devils Cauldron" no matter how bad we are playing on the game, so the visitors not only have to face, the Devils on the ice but deal with the phsyclogic toument from the seats.