rock your red?

firecenter

i know they came out with Rock Your Red last year, but things got scaled back when we found out we were playing the rangers. Anybody know if they are bringing it back. They still have the banners in the corners of the building, so id be shocked if they didnt. if not, what else is their in store for playoff related promotions/events?

Was never a big fan of it.... home games should be WHITE jerseys (it was good enough for 3 Cups it's gonna enough for me)

.... and the Caps kinda stole it :P

Was never a big fan of it.... home games should be WHITE jerseys (it was good enough for 3 Cups it's gonna enough for me)

I know the penguins do that, and to me it seems like they are supporting the away team in the white jerseys. Times have changed, red is our home jersey. Though the caps stole the red, its not the same as our Devil Red. :evil:

Edited by The Facepainter

I always hated white being the home jersey. It's so fvcking boring and you have to see all the other teams wear their team colors.

I have to disagree with you and go with HockeyR53 on this one. I find the home team wearing the dark color to be terrible. Seeing red vs. white every single game is the definition of boring. It was much better watching the devils beat teams back in the day when away teams were easily identified by jersey color.

While age will always play a factor in the ability to remember games, I think the constant red vs. white makes remembering games harder now than when the colors would vary.

Edited by mcmorrowk

The Playoff "commercial" that they played during intermissions at the last two games had the "Rock Your Red" logo at the end of it, so I guess that means that the campaign will continue this year.

It can be found on NJDtv on the Devils site at the very end of the video "This".

We have never Won A Cup wearing Red,White Is Right!! :yay: I mean at Home

Pretty sure we won a cup in 2000 wearing read. Just sayin'.

As for the Whites Vs. Colors argument, I'm still of the home whites state of mind. I liked the confusion that would set in on opening night, when the home team would be in whites after five weeks of watching the opposite in football. Made me feel like everything was right with the world.

I always hated white being the home jersey. It's so fvcking boring and you have to see all the other teams wear their team colors.

THANK YOU!

I've been saying this for years. I think its completely silly to not don your home colors in your home building. The whole thing about "good guys wearing white" is lame. ROCK THE RED!

Well, I forget where I saw it, but like in a video or something this year, I saw something Rock-Your-Red related. I think they will bring it back.

And as a side note, yes the Caps stole it, and they do it a lot better. They push it so hard though, I guess trying to showcase the last two years (the only recent years they've worn red) and get people to forget about their lack of success over the past oh 20 years or so.

Down in the ECHL, the home team wears white the first half of the season; then colors the second half. Everyone's happy (for half a season at least). The NHL throws a curve as sometimes the home team wears white now on occasion which just confuses me for about 30 seconds when I tune into a game.

I used to be die hard 'white jerseys at home' but I've gotten over it I guess :)

Pretty sure we won a cup in 2000 wearing read. Just sayin'.

As for the Whites Vs. Colors argument, I'm still of the home whites state of mind. I liked the confusion that would set in on opening night, when the home team would be in whites after five weeks of watching the opposite in football. Made me feel like everything was right with the world.

DIDN'T I say AT HOME---I Know we had Red on in Dallas--Were you there in Red--This is about Home Game's is it NOT?

For what it's worth, the Capitals rolled out there "Rock the Red" campaign last year 2 days before the Devils went with "Rock the Red". My favorite part was that instead of giving the red t-shirts out last year the Devils gouged gullible fans for every penny that they could. Let's hope they do better this year.

For what it's worth, the Capitals rolled out there "Rock the Red" campaign last year 2 days before the Devils went with "Rock the Red". My favorite part was that instead of giving the red t-shirts out last year the Devils gouged gullible fans for every penny that they could. Let's hope they do better this year.

In all honesty, these ideas are organized to a tee like a month in advance. Its simply a matter of pressing go when the regular season is done. For the record however, the capitals announced theres 2 days after. everyone on the board can attest to that one.

While we have a hate on for the capitals marketing crew, how about their "Red is Caps Hockey" slogan for this season. Like what does that even mean. Red is not a verb and can do nothing but describe the color of something. weird.

In all honesty, these ideas are organized to a tee like a month in advance. Its simply a matter of pressing go when the regular season is done. For the record however, the capitals announced theres 2 days after. everyone on the board can attest to that one.

While we have a hate on for the capitals marketing crew, how about their "Red is Caps Hockey" slogan for this season. Like what does that even mean. Red is not a verb and can do nothing but describe the color of something. weird.

Almost as bad as "Devils Hockey. Live it. Eat it. Breathe it." Um, yeah....well they did win a cup that year so...

I think they should just ask fans to wear red and give out towels. I went to Carolina in 2001 and they gave out red t-shirts to everyone there for games 3 and 4 and barely anyone wore them. When we gave out white t-shirts in 2002 hardly anyone wore them. I didn't. I just kept my white jersey on. Most people won't ditch their jersey for a giveaway t-shirt. A red-out would never look that great anyway because half the club seats will be empty for most of the games and the lower level will look like a checkerboard.