Rupp in- Holik out

MadDog2020

Not too bad... Sutter I guess realized how terrible and how often Holik's penalties are. Carolina's PP is no joke vs. NJ.

Can't say I'm brokenhearted about Holik not playing either.

in 4 games vs. Carolina holik (3 games played) didnt register a penalty but He is still awful. The penalties that he normally takes would be costly for the devils.

I am also not a fan of havelid playing. I think he's made the devils worse when he's in the line-up.

Carolina's PP vs NJ is 7/16 = 43.8% which is ridiculous.

NJ's PP vs Carolina is 3/14= 21.4%

Does anyone know the devils record with havelid in the line-up.. I know he's played in 15 games.

I personally blame him for that losing streak.

That would be silly to do. You may as well blame Major Junior playoffs for starting or something like that. A teams 5/6 defenseman, who is playing fine, doesn't make or break a team. The Devils not scoring during that streak is what cost them. They averaged like 1.1 goals a game for 6 or 7 games or something? That's not on Havelid.

I wish Pelley had played with the big club some this year, I liked some of what I saw of him last year. I don't love the idea of throwing him in with a bunch of guys he hasn't played with much, but he might be better than Rupp, and he's definitely more valuable than Lurch and PL3 IMO

Pelley isnt going to play ahead of Rupp right now...

I think Rupp really needs to step his game up because he is going to be on a short leash. As long as he hits everything in site and doesnt take a penalty... he will play in Game 2.

pl3 should play regardless of his skill he dont take much penalties he only gets fighting majors mainly

Bullsh!t. Last game he took a bad penalty that allowed Carolina to tie the game at 2 in the 3rd. His first stint he took a bad 5 minute boarding major against Philly.

He is just as bad as far as penalties go and he can't keep up with the play. Rupp is slow as well but he isn't that slow.

having the experience guy out there is key, but also having the guy that will not be in the penalty box all night is key too. I like the move sutter made, but Rupp needs to play well or i can see him not in the line-up for game two. i feel Holik will not help us if he was in. i Know he is one of the senior guys on the team and would have some good leadership but we have many players who have tested the playoffs before so holik out is not a bad thing for the devils.

Bullsh!t. Last game he took a bad penalty that allowed Carolina to tie the game at 2 in the 3rd.

His cross-checking penalty came when he barrelled over a Hurricane who ran into Marty.... Not for nothing, Protect your goalie... I remember this penalty because I said Finally.. someone protecting Marty

His cross-checking penalty came when he barrelled over a Hurricane who ran into Marty.... Not for nothing, Protect your goalie... I remember this penalty because I said Finally.. someone protecting Marty

and it almost cost us the game. the devils cannot afford to give away minor penalties under the auspices of 'protecting marty'. as sean avery can attest, it hurts less when you get a power play as a result.

If Holik didn't take so many dumb penalties he would be in the line up tonight instead of Rupp. I am on the fence 50/50 with this move to sit Holik for Rupp.

The Devils will miss Holik on the faceoffs and in this series I see Rupp bringing nothing to this series. Sorry. Maybe Rupp will get flashes of 2003 SCF, but highly unlikely.