Carey Price Meltdown

devilsrule33

hattrick:

That's because they love their own. Two weeks ago I went to Montreal to visit a friend and when I got on the bus back to Ottawa the bus driver stopped me and said "No Devils fans allowed. Only Canadiens fans." (as I don't go anywhere without a Devils jacket). The guy loading the baggage said "Hey, leave him alone... he's a Brodeur fan. That's close enough.". Bus driver said "Get on."

-=-=-=-=-=-=-

I think Gainey was right last night when he said it is stuff like what the fans were doing last night that make guys think twice about playing in Montreal. Do you think Price will want to stay when he is an UFA? Do you think any UFA will want to sign there? He said that the fans have to smarten up if they don't want to see a Sydor situation happen where a guy gets booed out of town only to become a star somewhere else.

Edited by Don

Lecavalier would have to be mental to want to play for the Habs. I mean, Tampa is far, far away from being a great situation, but you'd have to be crazy to be the posterboy for that franchise, unless he thinks his French-Canadianness is going to give him a free pass.

they booed Briere for *not* signing with them. not like you know, he's ever played there or anything.

that franchise is doomed. the idiots run the asylum and the fans follow the idiots. at least until all the legends drop dead and then there's no one to replace them, and then the fans wonder why that's the case

Those people up there are borderline psychotic.

:blink:

What the fvck ?

I was there ! ;O

But really, the people who cheered up that Price's usual save were the morons of the molson-ex zone(The Drunken ones..)

I was like.. Oh k ? You guys are stupid. Then they start singing: CARBO,CARBO!!.. Its like.. WTF ?!

But I have to say, cheering for the Habs in a Playoff game's.. Magnificient. I never had an experience like that. Especially when the players got on the ice, and the goal of Kostistyn.. Amazing.

@ Don's reply.. Your right. The media are now talking about a video of Price and "The Score" (A guy that goes through the locker rooms of the Playoffs) and Laraque just joking around.. That was just after game 1. Now after they lost the series, they're saying : " Price didn't take this seriously " ! !!!

Leave the kid alone for god's sake, .. After you wonder why Roy ran out of town. The Fans are just moronic to the point they only want to see W, W, W, W. That's all.

Edited by TravisZajac

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=419827

"It seems since the Calder Cup and the world juniors there have been high expectations on me. I'd like to meet them, but sometimes I'm not able to. Sometimes I think I'm put on too high a pedestal and get thrown under the bus too much."

However, he added that he wants to stay in Montreal, which he said was great place to play "when things go well."