Michael Jackson Dies

Devils731

I don't know if that's directed at me or not, but that's not what I'm saying at all. All I'm saying is, the guy's been dead for barely two hours and people are already eager to spit on his grave. Whatever happened to respect in our society? No matter how fvcked up his life turned out, he was still a human being. At least wait until there IS a grave before you start dancing on it.

Oh, and Don, I don't know if MuchMusic is doing anything, but MTV's been running MJ videos since 6:30. I've been watching the whole time; for today, I prefer to remember the man for his music. His various problems in life can wait for another day.

He didn't have much respect for the kids.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know if that's directed at me or not, but that's not what I'm saying at all. All I'm saying is, the guy's been dead for barely two hours and people are already eager to spit on his grave. Whatever happened to respect in our society? No matter how fvcked up his life turned out, he was still a human being. At least wait until there IS a grave before you start dancing on it.

It wasn't really directed at you. More of a general statement. My Facebook home page is pretty much a giant list of people eulogizing him like he was a saint. I'm fine with people paying their respects. At the same time, I'm also fine with people who don't believe child molestors deserve that respect. I guess that's where the basic difference of opinion lies.

His music will live forever. But today, the unspeakable things he did came to an end.

I dunno. What if Louis Pasteur or Frederick Banting were found to have molested a child. Should people stop using penicillin or insulin? Should they condemn them as evil men? Or is there a way of respecting the good someone did while still condemning the wrongs they committed?

you think a scientist would get away with molesting children? he did no good. pop music does not = good. is Britney Spears doing "good"?

I just think fair is fair... if a hobo would get buried for doing these kinds of things, anybody else should.

We had this same debate over the Devils goal song.

Aye. I mentioned that above. However, there is the difference that Glitter actually went out and PURCHASED children from destitute families. And that Glitter is still alive.

Whether or not you liked him as a performer, musician, or whatever... ITs still sad as hell. 50 is waaayy to young to die. I wasn't a fan of his and thought he was just as weird as anyone else did but RIP Michael Jackson .

I'm fine with people paying their respects. At the same time, I'm also fine with people who don't believe child molestors deserve that respect. I guess that's where the basic difference of opinion lies.

If you (general you, not you personally) don't want to respect the man, fine. The least you can do is respect the situation, though, and respect those who are mourning his passing.

R.I.P

Say hello to Kurt,Janis,Jim Morri,Jimmi Hendrix, Lennon,Presley,Cash ect.

I think he's got a better chance on seeing Hilter and Chris Benoit sir :P

I think he's got a better chance on seeing Hilter and Chris Benoit sir :P

Just when I thought there was no way this thread could possibly take a wrestling turn, CRASHER once again accomplishes the improbable. You, sir, have a gift.

Just when I thought there was no way this thread could possibly take a wrestling turn, CRASHER once again accomplishes the improbable. You, sir, have a gift.

I wouldn't call that a gift...more like a curse...except it's us that are actually cursed!

:thumbsup:

wanna make it weirder??

on these three days we mark the anniversary of when Benoit went murder/death/kill on his family.... go figure???

At the 10pm hour, CBS reshowed an interview Jackson did with Ed Bradley around the time of him being accused of child molestation. After watching it, I can't say that I'm convinced he really did it.

But as for him being a talented musical performer, of that there is no doubt. Not that I was a big fan of his -- I mostly liked the stuff he did with the Jackson Five and his Off the Wall album.

At the 10pm hour, CBS reshowed an interview Jackson did with Ed Bradley around the time of him being accused of child molestation. After watching it, I can't say that I'm convinced he really did it.

Who was that British guy he did that one interview with? I remember M.J. being really pissed after it came out because it made him look like the biggest creeper on the planet.

Can't say I've seen the Ed Bradley one, though.

He did some crazy stuff in his personal life, but I'll always remember him as the musical icon that he is. Loved his early stuff and videos. Still regret not going to his concert although I had tickets. RIP Wacko

Edited by Atterr

Who was that British guy he did that one interview with? I remember M.J. being really pissed after it came out because it made him look like the biggest creeper on the planet.

Can't say I've seen the Ed Bradley one, though.

Martin Brasher

Im pretty sad about this , and i didnt expect to be.

Its pretty tragic, the guy was exploited and taken advantage of through his entire life.

Edited by Chimaira_Devil_#9

What does Wal-Mart and Michael Jackson's house have in common? Boys shorts half off.

Due to the fact that Michael Jackson is 99% plastic, he will be melted down into lego blocks so little boys can play with him for a change.

Edited by Donato2327

Martin Brasher

I know it's a little late, but Dateline NBC is currently in the middle of reairing parts of that Jackson interview with Brashear.