Time to break up ZZ Pops

USC09

thank you for reminding me that each day I need to wake up and be grateful the "hockey minds" on here do not run this team on a daily basis :)

just because people can be GMs on NHL 2010, they think it'll work in the real NHL! lol

I think they should try

Rolston Zajac Langenbrunner

Parise Zubrus Bergfors

Halischuk Niedermayer Clarkson

Pandolfo Pelley Pikkarainen

Leblond, Peters

What is your reasoning for these lines, why breakup ZZ Pops? You may have some good points and insights that others aren't seeing. Personally I believe they have been playing well together. At times I think it would be good to see Bergfors replace Langs when they want to push the tempo of the game. The kid has great speed, he is beating a lot of players to the puck and reminds me a bit of Parise the way he is attacking the puck.

I hold my breath everytime I see Peters on the ice. He is HORRIBLE. I couldn't believe that the Devils had signed him to begin with.

thank you for reminding me that each day I need to wake up and be grateful the "hockey minds" on here do not run this team on a daily basis :)

Whats with the snippy comments from people? The thread is obviously just someone's opinion, and not a ridiculous one at that either.

Whats with the snippy comments from people? The thread is obviously just someone's opinion, and not a ridiculous one at that either.

So two games in you want to break up the one constant of the last three seasons and not think it's foolish or over-reactionary??

Umm... ok, terrific!!

Sorry, I generally ignore the hundreds of line juggle threads that pop up here, but this particular line juggle thread made me snippy and I could not stop my fingers from striking the keyboard.

So two games in you want to break up the one constant of the last three seasons and not think it's foolish or over-reactionary??

Umm... ok, terrific!!

Not to get into it, and not that i agree with it, but its not that far-fetched as a TEMPORARY fix til Elias gets back.

Sorry, I generally ignore the hundreds of line juggle threads that pop up here, but this particular line juggle thread made me snippy and I could not stop my fingers from striking the keyboard.

Lol i like your 3rd line

Edited by devlman

Greene should no doubt center that 2nd line.

He just hasn't been given the chance to center that line, that's the only reason he hasn't proven himself there. We'll reevaluate his skills at center after 150 games, which is the first moment we can decide if he is doing well or not.

Might as well put Pandolfo on the first line also. It wouldn't make sense to break up the only bright spot the Devils have going for them at the moment. The ZZPops line is consistent and aggressive. The team will be in much better shape once Elias returns.

Edited by jsalz

ZZ Pops is the only line that consistently provides offense, why would you want to break that line up?

Well things like that are suggested if the team only has one line doing anything. I can kind of see that, but its only two games in, and the 2nd and 3rd line didn't look that bad against the rags. I think they'll get it going, but on the other hand, if they don't, we may see something like this suggestion in mid-october.

Without Elias, our offense is deficient. Parise's such a good scorer, he's gonna contribute anywhere. There could be some merit to moving him to try to get something out of other guys. It's a temporary fix, and not a terrible one. I'm not saying the Devils have to do anything, or even should, but there is no reason to ream the guy for posting it.