Brodeur may get night off

Rock

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/devils/brodeur_may_get_night_off_fg4MNXMx2clXW50XNEp8nL

"I've just been watching Marty and some of the things he does, especially playing the puck," Danis said. "I think it's one of my weaknesses and to see what he's able to do, he's like a third defenseman. And seeing him every day and understanding that everything he does, there's always a thought behind it. Whatever he does is calculated and he works hard at it in practice."

He clearly is in a different environment than he was with the Isles, the worst team in the league last year.

"There's higher expectation here, and guys know that," Danis said. "Last year, I was on a young team that was rebuilding and the goal was to improve every day. Here, it's to win."

It may not be up to Marty :noclue:

I think it's a good idea - this early in the season is when we should risk finding out how his old bones react to a night off. If he slumps on his return then maybe he has a point. If he comes back the same -- try it again in the near future. I really think it's not too soon to start lightening the load -- just to see how his reflexes take it. If he wants to move to that next step and maintain maximum longevity career-wise he'll have to see at some point if he can come and go in the season as he pleases.

I love the argument "Marty can't sit. Devils are on a winning streak".. So you're saying he should sit coming off a loss? That's a great way for him to bounce back..

No then you get the other end of the deal... "well he needs to play out of his slump" :doh1:

You know the drill by now, the mb30 glass ceiling is made out of titanium :P

The excuse this week will be "he hasn't played in a game since Monday and we don't want him getting stale" :P

studies have shown that save percentage goes up in second game when a goalie starts on consecutive nights.

looking at the schedule i see no reason why brodeur should sit either of these games. he should sit between 12 and 16 times this season, but this is not really one of them.

Edited by Triumph

looking at the schedule i see no reason why brodeur should sit either of these games. he should sit between 12 and 16 times this season, but this is not really one of them.

For once I agree (vis-a-vis Marty's PT), there's three days off before tomorrow's game and four days off after Saturday, plus both are at home so no travel. This back to back I can live with him playing.

The Devils do have a crapload of three in four night stretches starting in late October, so hopefully this won't be the same ol' crap with playing Marty 77 games this year.

For once I agree (vis-a-vis Marty's PT), there's three days off before tomorrow's game and four days off after Saturday, plus both are at home so no travel. This back to back I can live with him playing.

Exactly what I was thinking.

Marty has pictures of Lou, he will play tonight and tomorrow night Too bad he has so much control.

Devils can win without him in goal that has been proven already.

that was last year with different players, backup & coach.

as for control, you have no basis to know anything regarding this.

Marty has pictures of Lou, he will play tonight and tomorrow night Too bad he has so much control.

Devils can win without him in goal that has been proven already.

(1) I'm keeping track of "soft" posts about Marty.