N.F.L. Week 11

CRASHER

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the best news for Miami, like I said last night... they get to play just about EVERYONE they are gonna compete with for a playoff spot....

Exactly. They play HOU, TEN, NE, PIT, and JAC. They've already played NYJ and won. They have the same # of Conf losses as Baltimore. And if DEN keeps falling like I think they will, they'll have pretty muich the same # of conf losses or more by the end of the season. Only one that would hurt is if SD lost this week and was basically relegated to the Wild Card.

Go Chagrers! :whistling:

One of the very few times I will 'root' for the Dolphins...CMON DRAFT POSITION!

Rickey Williams: 32 and actually seemingly at the peak of his career...what a transformation he made..and at that age for a Rb...impressive..

Agree with change needed in Carolina...who is the OC in Carolina? He should be unemployed this morning.

John Davidson. I don't know what to think of OC in Carolina. John Fox has a ton of control over what they do. They fired Dan Henning for being too conservative, but now he's the most unorthodox coordinator in the league in Miami. Fox runs the show there.

One of the very few times I will 'root' for the Dolphins...CMON DRAFT POSITION!

Rickey Williams: 32 and actually seemingly at the peak of his career...what a transformation he made..and at that age for a Rb...impressive..

Agree with change needed in Carolina...who is the OC in Carolina? He should be unemployed this morning.

Who knew quitting your job to smoke pot and travel the world could actually extend your career? :P

Edited by MadDog2020

So, wait, you're a Bills fan now? The Jets lost, so you ditched your Jets love- which only came because your Panthers lost, so you ditched them, only to be preceded by ditching the Bills because they lost? So now you're back to the team you ditched in the first place?

My head hurts.

Your head hurts because you were fooled :P

Anyway, cue the Buffalo coach rumors, this should be 'fun' and iwe will probably end up with Kevin Killdrive as the next HC:

E$PN > Head Coaching Job?

BUFFALO (WIVB) - Jon Gruden as the Bills new head coach? If Ralph Wilson had his way, it would have happened. Sources tell News 4 Sports that Gruden was the top choice of the Bills to replace Dick Jauron.

Those sources say the team "went after him hard," including a face-to-face meeting, but could not convince Gruden to leave his job as analyst on ESPN's Monday Night Football.

Your head hurts because you were fooled :P

Anyway, cue the Buffalo coach rumors, this should be 'fun' and iwe will probably end up with Kevin Killdrive as the next HC:

E$PN > Head Coaching Job?

BUFFALO (WIVB) - Jon Gruden as the Bills new head coach? If Ralph Wilson had his way, it would have happened. Sources tell News 4 Sports that Gruden was the top choice of the Bills to replace Dick Jauron.

Those sources say the team "went after him hard," including a face-to-face meeting, but could not convince Gruden to leave his job as analyst on ESPN's Monday Night Football.

Yeah, I don't see how Buffalo is gonna lure one of these big name guys... it might be the worst job in the NFL outside of Cleveland. Crappy city. Crappy weather. No QB to build around (which would be huge for offensive guys like Holmgren, Gruden, and Shannahan). It's a mess.

BUT- there could be hope for the Bills yet... a guy I like for that job is Lesley Frazier, the DC in Minnesota. He's ready to be a head coach, and the Bills have some pieces on defense that can be built around like Posluzny and Whitner. I could definitely see Frazier landing there.

Edited by MadDog2020

Yeah, I don't see how Buffalo is gonna lure one of these big name guys... it might be the worst job in the NFL outside of Cleveland. Crappy city. Crappy weather. No QB to build around (which would be huge for offensive guys like Holmgren, Gruden, and Shannahan). It's a mess.

BUT- there could be hope for the Bills yet... a guy I like for that job is Lesley Frazier, the DC in Minnesota. He's ready to be a head coach, and the Bills have some pieces on defense that can be built around like Posluzny and Whitner. I could definitely see Frazier landing there.

I am going to respectfully disagree based on a theory: If a coach like Shanahan wants full control, he will NOT get it in Washington in Chicago, more desirable destinations based on location. But...Buffalo is a team that has missed the playoffs for 10 years now, is desperate for a winner, and will probably be more likely to give full reign to a guy like Shanahan. And in the NFL, all the teams are generally well off $ wise, so market to me isn't a major issue.

As for pieces to build on defense, man this defense has a looong way to go...a bunch of sieves on the defensive line (expect for Stroud) and quite possibly the worst LB corps in the NFL in years. Poz is a nice player, but not a game changer. The secondary is decent, but what good is a good secondary without a good run defense and a pass rush? Not much.

Yeah, I don't see how Buffalo is gonna lure one of these big name guys... it might be the worst job in the NFL outside of Cleveland. Crappy city. Crappy weather. No QB to build around (which would be huge for offensive guys like Holmgren, Gruden, and Shannahan). It's a mess

And add in the fact there's no big name QBs in the draft even that look like they could be the next generation guy, and that makes it less appealing....Buffalo does have some talent... and if they can get a caretaker QB in there that team would push for a wild card spot for sure

I am going to respectfully disagree based on a theory: If a coach like Shanahan wants full control, he will NOT get it in Washington in Chicago, more desirable destinations based on location. But...Buffalo is a team that has missed the playoffs for 10 years now, is desperate for a winner, and will probably be more likely to give full reign to a guy like Shanahan. And in the NFL, all the teams are generally well off $ wise, so market to me isn't a major issue.

As for pieces to build on defense, man this defense has a looong way to go...a bunch of sieves on the defensive line (expect for Stroud) and quite possibly the worst LB corps in the NFL in years. Poz is a nice player, but not a game changer. The secondary is decent, but what good is a good secondary without a good run defense and a pass rush? Not much.

That is certainly a good point Clown on the full control thing, but I still think Buffalo will wind up with a rookie head coach, or a second-tier option. Reason being is because Shannahan can afford to be discriminate- even if a job doesn't open up that he would want this off-season, he can take his time and write his ticket, even if it means sitting out another year. Denver is still paying him his full salary from what I hear, so I doubt he's in any rush... but if Wilson threw the moon at him, who knows? Everyone has their price I guess.

And add in the fact there's no big name QBs in the draft even that look like they could be the next generation guy, and that makes it less appealing....Buffalo does have some talent... and if they can get a caretaker QB in there that team would push for a wild card spot for sure

Bradford would've been that guy if it wasn't for that shoulder injury... I feel bad for that kid. He would've been a top 5 pick if he came put last year. Dude does the right thing, goes back to school to get his degree and try to win a National Championship, and winds up costing himself millions. He and McCoy (correct me if I'm forgetting someone) are really the only big QB's in the draft next year, unless Claussen declares.

Bradford would've been that guy if it wasn't for that shoulder injury... I feel bad for that kid. He would've been a top 5 pick if he came put last year. Dude does the right thing, goes back to school to get his degree and try to win a National Championship, and winds up costing himself millions. He and McCoy (correct me if I'm forgetting someone) are really the only big QB's in the draft next year, unless Claussen declares.

Isn't Tim Tebow (Florida Gators) in the draft ?

I wouldn't put Claussen (Notre Dame) in the same class as Bradford (Oklahoma)-McCoy (Texas)-Tebow.

McCoy's a fringe first rounder at best. Not big enough amongst other things. Tebow's definitely going higher as he probably won't make it past Jacksonville. I also heard somewhere that Locker from Washington was rated just as high as Bradford and Claussen since he's Tebow in a pro style offense

Tebow's definitely going higher as he probably won't make it past Jacksonville.

I heard much differently. I don't watch college football and I'm really just a casual NFL fan at best, but I remember watching ESPN some time this past week and Mel Kiper and another dude were debating where QB's would go in the draft. They both seemed to like Locker but both projected Tebow to go past the 1st round IIRC; Kiper projected 2nd or 3rd, while the other guy projected 3rd or 4th round. They also both agreed hes unlikely to be a starting QB at the NFL level, and one noted how hes an inaccurate QB.

They both could have been complete idiots, but I wouldn't really know since I don't watch college football.

Edited by nmigliore