Parade! Who Is Going And Where Do

DevilMinder

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm telling ya, as soon as you come out of the tunnel, we should all meet to the left. I'm sure not that many people will be standing there and Sue can put up that flag and then there ya go.

That's OK by me. What time do you want me to be there holding the flag?

Aaaargh! Finally looks like we have a meeting spot and I might not be able to make it after all :saddevil: This @#$%@# cold/flu/bug/whatever won't go away fast enough :P I've been hacking myself to death all day...sheesh. I'm not a big fan of driving an hour, maybe standing in rain and coughing and/or blowing my nose all over everyone but hopefully I'll be somewhat better by tomorrow morning. And I do want to go; I wasn't at the other two and there might not be another parking lot parade for us, guess it depends on whether Lou's still here and who owns the team when we do get our next win.

So I guess I've gone from definite to a maybe :rolleyes:

BTW if I still do go what's the 'activities/games' they're having from 11-12; anything worth doing? And if I get to the stage like say 11:30 am I gonna be too far from the stage to see anything (or are there elevated areas they'll let you stand on at least)? I'm like Gionta height practically.

Unfortunately, I don't think I will be going tomorrow :angry: but I want to make a suggestion....

The meeting spot of "to the left of the tunnel" may not be a very good choice. That's fine for meeting up with one or two people, but I would think that people are going to be arriving at all different times. You guys are not going to want to stay there because at the 2000 cup celebration, all of the activities were lined up on the (if you are looking directly at the front of CAA) on the far right of the parking lot. All the parking area in the middle was open, except for the huge convergance of the television trucks that park right down the center. I would think that you guys would want a spot that was somewhat in the action, yet not right on top of it so that you can still hold a conversation. As long as SueNJ has a flag on a pole, high enough so people can see it, you guys can bring chairs and stuff and hang out in the parking lot more toward where all the action is going on.

I sure wish I could go, but we have been attempting to put in a patio made from brick pavers for three weeks now, and we can't seem to get anywhere because of all this rain. I'm feeling pressured to stay home and help the hubby get this thing done. My consolation is that I can watch the coverage on News12 NJ, but it definitely is NOT the same as being there! :(

To all those who are going....HAVE A GREAT TIME!

OK, here's my thoughts on this:

After I go home tonight I will take a look at the flag and post a description of it on here. At some point someone needs to tell me whether they want me to just fly it out of the car window on a pole (and you can all come over and join me) or whether they want to set a time and a place where we can meet.

But please make the decision & let me know before I have to leave tomorrow!!!

Sue

as my friends and I say....

BYOLC!

Bring

Your

Own

Lawn

Chair

LOL... o good times at track...

I wish I could find my Shore Devils Track Umbrella!!!!!!! hahahah :D

OK, here is what the flag/banner looks like:

It is about 4 feet long and 1 1/2 feet wide. The top half is black and has a silver print of a knight in armor on a horse. The bottom half is dark blue.

Since there is no decision as of yet, here's what I think. I'll get there at 10am and park. I will hang the pole with the banner out the car window. Odds are you will only be able to see the top part. Feel free to stop by, you should probably bring your own beverage as I'll only have water & bring a lawn chair if you think you will want to sit down. I ordered 5 racks of baby back ribs from my friend's KC BBQ place, plus potato salad & cole slaw. You're all welcome to stop by & try some. I will be on my own so don't be shy about stopping by!

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Will the parade be shown on TV - if so, what channel? (I WILL BE THERE, BUT WANT TO TAPE IT)

Channel 12 will show it (coverage starts at 1pm). But 12 is only available on Cablevision.

Will the parade be shown on TV - if so, what channel? (I WILL BE THERE, BUT WANT TO TAPE IT)

Channel 12 will show it (coverage starts at 1pm). But 12 is only available on Cablevision.

Not true. News12 is also available on Comcast.

It is about 4 feet long and 1 1/2 feet wide. The top half is black and has a silver print of a knight in armor on a horse. The bottom half is dark blue.

Since there is no decision as of yet, here's what I think. I'll get there at 10am and park. I will hang the pole with the banner out the car window. Odds are you will only be able to see the top part. Feel free to stop by, you should probably bring your own beverage as I'll only have water & bring a lawn chair if you think you will want to sit down. I ordered 5 racks of baby back ribs from my friend's KC BBQ place, plus potato salad & cole slaw. You're all welcome to stop by & try some. I will be on my own so don't be shy about stopping by!

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

If I remember correctly they didn't allow anyone to park on the arena side in 2000. Perhaps I'm wrong, just to let you know of that possibility.

It is about 4 feet long and 1 1/2 feet wide.  The top half is black and has a silver print of a knight in armor on a horse.  The bottom half is dark blue.

Since there is no decision as of yet, here's what I think.  I'll get there at 10am and park.  I will hang the pole with the banner out the car window.  Odds are you will only be able to see the top part.  Feel free to stop by, you should probably bring your own beverage as I'll only have water & bring a lawn chair if you think you will want to sit down.  I ordered 5 racks of baby back ribs from my friend's KC BBQ place, plus potato salad & cole slaw.  You're all welcome to stop by & try some.  I will be on my own so don't be shy about stopping by!

:clap:   :clap:   :clap:   :clap:   :clap:

If I remember correctly they didn't allow anyone to park on the arena side in 2000. Perhaps I'm wrong, just to let you know of that possibility.

I had to work in 2000, so I wasn't aware of that. Now that I think about it, my job gets in the way of a lot of fun Devs stuff.

OK, then I'll tie the pole with the banner on it to my chair, you should all be able to see it very well if there are no cars. See you all at the sign of the knight on horseback!

I'm going!!!!! Yeyyy! I'm not leaving for another half hour though so i'll be there around 12ish