NHL will decide whether Devils and Flyers are snowed out

Rock

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

if NJ Transit isn't having problems (i don't know one way or another), then i don't think PATH would be, as they share much of the same track outside. plus if NJ transit is running and PATH isn't, you can always pay a few extra $ and go into penn station.

NJT is running but is cancelling trains left and right.

NJT is running but is cancelling trains left and right.

Many of the trains on the M&E and old Lackawanna lines out of Hoboken will have problems, those lines go through very hilly terrain and in some spots have limited service, not having anything pass through for hours could lead to a lot of snow/ice buildup on switches and overhead wire. I'm sure NJT is ontop of this already, they are a stellar organization when it comes to dealing with the weather.

The biggest problem when it comes to diesel locomotives/electric units is when ice and snow builds up inside the traction motors, both AC and DC traction motors can go haywire in the snow. The moisture shorts them out and leads to HV ground faults. Another big problem is snow getting sucked into air intakes, a big diesel prime mover needs lots of air to keep cranking, once their clogged good luck getting anywhere. The newer computer-centric engines will flash you a "Horsepower reduced!" message and if you're slogging it with a heavy train you're gonna stall. I've had to start many a diesel locomotive in the snow, and it's never fun. Sometimes you gotta dig/broom your way into the cab.

Edited by Deke

I'm worried about getting there and not getting back - I don't knwo what to do.

The PATH system is saying nothing/no alerts/no nothing.

Yeah, same. I really, really want to go because its going to be an awesome experience, I think, but being stuck in Newark Penn for several hours isn't my idea of fun.

I hope people that go to the game do their due dillegence in regards to NJ Transit delays and cancellations, I'm sure we'll be hearing about some after-game horror stories.

Ironically if it wasn't for mass transit I could see butts in the seats dipping below the fabled 334 number.

I understand if both teams, NHL officials, and doctors are on site the game will be played and generally there are no ticket refunds. But if train schedules are affected and the governor declares a state of emergency, I think the Devs will adjust their policy and honor our tickets to another game. No?

well as of an hour ago, TG said the game was being played as scheduled. i don't see them reversing that decision. i'm sure if enough people complain about the weather, they'll issue some sort of refund or exchange but i wouldn't even get my hopes up over that, especially after how horribly the whole power failure game went.

well as of an hour ago, TG said the game was being played as scheduled. i don't see them reversing that decision. i'm sure if enough people complain about the weather, they'll issue some sort of refund or exchange but i wouldn't even get my hopes up over that, especially after how horribly the whole power failure game went.

Remember, if you got your tickets from a season ticket holder *THEY* will get any tickets issued as a replacement....good luck all!

over the past couple years, i can think of a few times where there were really bad snow storms but the game still went on as scheduled. no refunds or exchanges were issued whatsoever. the organization can't help the weather. neither can the fans, obviously, but what can you do?

if you can make the game, have a great time. otherwise, don't risk it if you don't have to and just enjoy a couple beers and hopefully witness a kovalchuk goal or seven.

over the past couple years, i can think of a few times where there were really bad snow storms but the game still went on as scheduled. no refunds or exchanges were issued whatsoever. the organization can't help the weather. neither can the fans, obviously, but what can you do?

if you can make the game, have a great time. otherwise, don't risk it if you don't have to and just enjoy a couple beers and hopefully witness a kovalchuk goal or seven.

I'll be happy with the 1st (of hopefully MANY for YEARS to come) Kovalchuk goal of his Devils career! BTW, love the sig! I nearly died when I saw that posted that day last week when we were all anxiously waiting for an announcement...

Snowing really really hard in NYC...Cant see more than 2 blocks away, and the street is barely visibile from my window.

I came into work just so I could take the train to the game tonight.

My boss just said we can leave when our work is done... when will the bar next to the Rock be open for business? I'm thinking about getting there nice and early for some pre-game happy hour(s).