NHL will decide whether Devils and Flyers are snowed out

Rock

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

You're crazy. Im in Clark right now, there is nowhere near a foot.

Maybe 6 inches. It is coming down very hard though. Are you taking the train in tonight?

I just shoveled all that crap. It's at least 9 inches. And we just finished shoveling 10 minutes ago and there's already an inch back on the driveway lol.

We have no idea how we are going to get there... how are you going? Since we're both right here, let's figure something out!

are you trying to say you want a handful of devils fans?

you're a weird one, josh.

:yay:

My guess is gonna be closer to 5K. Consider mass transit plus teenagers with cars and too much time on their hands because of school being closed plus college night (college kids will risk their lives to not waste $15).

I remember a game at CAA in the last year or two of the building that drew 8,000 people during a snowstorm. Granted, not as bad as this one, but still.

This is absolute crap. The roads around here are in horrible shape and I live in one of the larger cities outside of Newark. Also a state of emergency was called in 8 counties already. I can't imagine them actually doing this game. You still have to walk almost 4 blocks and across Route 21 if you can't make it across the Gateway Plaza. Trains are also shutting down after 4 according to the news that's been on all day. This totally sucks. :(

For all of us stuck home with nothing to watch, I say, let 'em play! I went to a blizzard game vs. Philly in December of 95. Had over a foot of snow and it was coming down till after the game was over. Game was sold out and on ESPN, about 5,000 showed up and it was one of my favorite memories as a Devil fan. Billy Guerin won the game in OT to end a horrible slump. Devils were down 2-0 in the first minute of the game.

Maybe some of our defensemen should watch this video:

they are absolutely going to play this game. there are ZERO dates on the schedule to make it up, everyone who needs to be there is there, there is no reason not to play the game.

all this is true, and we all know the big sports don't give a rat's ass about the common fan anyway (this is NOT a knock on the Devils, every team in every sport cares about two things... luxury box SALES... and TV ratings)... so it's gonna be "sucks to be you if you can't get there"

kinda makes me wanna be able to go even more though I admit

That's what I'm thinking. The more it seems impossible to get there, the more I wanna try just for the novelty of the situation.

Same. It would be awesome to say "hey, remember that blizzard back in '10? Yeah, I went to a Devils game in that. 3000 people were there. It was crazy." Maybe they'll let us stay at the Rock overnight :uni:

ALRIGHT I'M GOING TO TRY AND GO!!!!! via Train (NJTransit) -

If anyone is so kind to be going with a car and could provide a backup means of transportation to Verona, NJ post game or is headed back to the city...if you could please PM me or text me at 973.809.0561 - that would really be nice of you. Of course I'd compensate for any gas, etc. This is just if trains are cancelled, etc.

Thanks