Whats With The Lack Of Congratulations?

thegame346

I remember after the Avs beat the Devils in 01... the following draft in florida teams were tripping over themselves to congratulate the Avs on beating the Devils in game 7. I only saw the first 5 picks of this years draft and only 1 team congratulated the Devils. Whats going on are we hated that much?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, people dont respect the Devils. Fans, teams, players, writers alike.....

My view of them is a team that plays very well yet bores the hell out of me and is lacking any real star or asset that catches peoples attention.

I find the Devils uninteresting, and when they won the cup I pretty much just said "meh, the ducks couldnt pull it off.... oh well".

Its not that I try to disrespect the devils, its just my automatic reaction and attitude towards them that makes me tune them out... I really dont care whether they win or lose.... ever. At least with a team like the Ducks I can cheer them on cuz its a great run, or a team like the Rangers I can boo to hell and hope they lose...... but the Devils..... are just..... "meh".

Must be fun rooting for the Make Beliefs....oops, sorry, The Laffs, and seeing The Devs win 3 in 9. Going through you twice.

What's it been 1967, or do you even know?

Tougher still having the avatar honoring a mongoloid.

Ever get Dumi's autograph? I heard he signs in crayon.

I'm waiting for all the articles booing the "disrespectful fans" in Nashville for merely booing the Devils name

... can ya feel the sarcasm there ???

Like I said in the draft thread, they're just bitter cause they thought they were getting this team and got "stuck with the Predators" so to speak :P

Thing is the minute McLean congratulated us the arena booed like the dickens and cheered like heck when he also gave the Ducks props :rolleyes: So I'm sure that had something to do with the lack of congratulations later on :P

Thats hitting the nail right on the head...

Why bother congratulating just hear a bunch of boo's? It isnt really helping the Devs with respect... It just encourages that shameless mockery.

Alot of people see the Devils winning as the end of the European wide open hockey which is a better style to sell - the Devils winnning isn't 'sexy'and I am sure the powers that be don't want the NHL to become a team of Devil clones all skating the trap to perfection, even if it wins games. Although the two are wildly different, I liken it to when UNC played the 4 corners in the NCAA's - if you were from Carolina you thought it was great, but everyone else hated it. Like it or not, the style that the Devils play will never be appreciated by anyone but Devil fans, and if we start losing we'll be griping about it too. Thankfully under the direction of LL that doesn't look like that is going to happen for a long time!

Did anyone notice all the congrats came from teams that made trades with the Devils at the trade deadline? i.e. Marshall from Columbus, Rheaume & Smehlik from Atlanta, and, in the past, Minnesota who have quite a few former Devils that helped them make their impressive postseason run.

You will hear the NJ fans were rude for booing Giguere at the Conn Smythe presentation but you will never hear how it was disrespectful for the Nashville fans to boo the Stanley Cup champions. Lucky for those fans, the cup was at the draft so they can take pictures with it. They won't be seeing it for a very long time otherwise.

Maybe their hatred has something to do with White knocking out their best player for most of the season. I think they call him AJ. We should hate them. Their coach almost cost us a game when he had Elias' stick measured.

I can't believe I actually supported the Preds at a Blue Jackets game. My respect stops here as far as they are concerned. :angry:

Why do these things bother some of you so much?

Well I don't think anyone's running outside of their house and yelling to the gods above Why Why Why???? in their best Kerrigan voice.

But I do think it's worth mentioning, since last year when the Red Wings won I pretty much remember everyone congratulating them and this year it was only a handful of teams -- and they were the caliber that we are in the way they go about their business.

They should be rejoicing in the fact that they don't have to overpay soulless guys to get championships. Maybe the Devils can save the league. :)

If its NJ, its boring... I think thats what ppl say... It doesnt matter what we do... So **** them all and enjoy the upcoming season :)

I liked the Cup, It surprised me... I was expecting to lose the Conference semi's or finals pre-season.... I was wrong... :)

I liked being wrong...

I look forward to 2003-2004... and our future is looking even better.

Nashville fans booed? At least they have a pulse.

The only people that think the Devils play boring hockey are usually fans of teams we beat which makes them bitter.

I am proud of my team and the winning style of hockey they play. Other fans are just jealous.