DEVILS ACQUIRE MARTIN SKOULA

Weekes Head

Rolston isn't scoring, but he hasn't been a liability either. He hustles and plays smart, I prefer this over deadwood like SpecialNieds, or Macammond, Peters, PPL.

WOW!!!!!- What Rolston have your been watching?

The worst part about him is that he does NOT hustle - he is the epitome of a floater. when he can go hard into the boards for a check or to fight for a puck, he always, ALWAYS turns his back and falls into the guy - NEVER a hard check. He's easily beaten to pucks and has them taken away from him.

He also makes crucially bad decisions, most notably on the power play. Because of his contract, i would not prefer him over anyone.

Edited by sundstrom

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tri, I know Skoula has played horrible this season but he is a guy who Lemaire knows. He will put him out there in isolated situations where he can succeed. Maybe 12 minutes a game.

he didn't do this in minnesota - skoula was getting 20 minutes a game out there. his underlying numbers aren't good this year or last year.

skoula might be better than fraser or salmela but not by very much.

he didn't do this in minnesota - skoula was getting 20 minutes a game out there. his underlying numbers aren't good this year or last year.

skoula might be better than fraser or salmela but not by very much.

For a 5th round draft pick (useless) I think its a solid acquisition just because Lemaire knows him. If Lemaire starts playing him second unit with Martin or Greene...then we are in trouble.

so are pandolfo and tom preissing. that's a good stat though.

Hey Pandolfo is my favorite player back off :) Nostalgia ok!

But in all seriousness thats just a good thing, other players who are leading the league in not taking penalties per 60 minutes are Louie Erikkson, Brad Richard, St. Louis, Tomas Kaberle. So there is good and bad.

For the record I don't dislike Preissing either ;)

Why do people adamently believe that Fraser is a card to be dealt? His play to me this year makes him seem like a keeper.

Yeah, I agree with that... I mean he's done okay for a rookie defenseman, and defensemen take longer to develop (with the exception of a freak like Doughty). He'll only get better. I hope we keep him too.