DEVILS ACQUIRE MARTIN SKOULA

Weekes Head

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, there's already rumors starting to surface that Kovalchuk will take less money to stay here, so can we stop with sh!t like this already? And don't ask me for a link, because I don't have one. It's an ESPN Insider report I heard about last night.

reliable reporting no doubt ..

my cat, the one who will score more than rolston this year, says he's been looking at houses in florham park.. rolleyes.gif

I don't understand this move. It gives us basically nothing. It's kind of like a "see, I made a trade, I didn't completely sit on my ass at the deadline" sort of trade. And it's true, it DOES seem like every trade deadline all we do is obtain a marginal defenseman.

Yeah, there's already rumors starting to surface that Kovalchuk will take less money to stay here, so can we stop with sh!t like this already? And don't ask me for a link, because I don't have one. It's an ESPN Insider report I heard about last night.

Your right MD2020. Kovalchuk will take less money to stay here in New Jersey. Heard the same reports. It's not about the money anymore with Kovalchuk. he wants to win a SCC. Period.

I believe Lou has another deal up his sleeve and it could involve some of our Dmen and even newly acquired Skoula. we will have to wait and see... Right now the Devils have 8-Dmen which is too many.

I don't understand this move. It gives us basically nothing. It's kind of like a "see, I made a trade, I didn't completely sit on my ass at the deadline" sort of trade. And it's true, it DOES seem like every trade deadline all we do is obtain a marginal defenseman.

lou likes to have experienced players as depth, he doesn't want to rely on a bunch of rookies and first-time players. i don't think either salmela or fraser should be in the playoff lineup - nor do i think skoula should be there either.

There was a trade freeze in effect. Are you really upset that we ONLY acquired Kovalchuk, Salmela, and Skoula? Keep in mind Kovy and Saly where technically only obtained right before the trade freeze went into effect for the olympics. That trade might as well have happened two days ago.

There was a trade freeze in effect. Are you really upset that we ONLY acquired Kovalchuk, Salmela, and Skoula? Keep in mind Kovy and Saly where technically only obtained right before the trade freeze went into effect for the olympics. That trade might as well have happened two days ago.

This change something to our sloppy D ???

I was hoping for better, but this doesn't surprise me. Most of our bargaining chips went to Atalanta. I think this is it for us, so it's

Martin-White

Green-Salvador

Salmela/Mottau-Skoula

For the playoff run. Looks different than 03, no?

Stevens-Rafalski

Niedermayer-White

Could have been me-Daneyko

This change something to our sloppy D ???

The same sloppy D that has the best defense in the league? Yes I'm concerned about breakdowns lately but its not the players themselves its what they are doing. That needs to be corrected. They have shown throughout the season they can be the best. They need to return to that form. I don't think we need to add a #1 D, especially since Martin is coming back.

As far as I'm concerned, the Devils are set, I wouldn't mind seeing Fraser/Salmela/Skoula be traded for a 3rd/4th liner or 4th or better draft pick. But those are little things.

The same sloppy D that has the best defense in the league? Yes I'm concerned about breakdowns lately but its not the players themselves its what they are doing. That needs to be corrected. They have shown throughout the season they can be the best. They need to return to that form. I don't think we need to add a #1 D, especially since Martin is coming back.As far as I'm concerned, the Devils are set, I wouldn't mind seeing Fraser/Salmela/Skoula be traded for a 3rd/4th liner or 4th or better draft pick. But those are little things.

Ok I went hard with the ''sloppy''...but still is this the D that can bring you a Cup ??

hey if the idiot can't aim at the goal, what can the coach do? he has a mean shot, just at the glass that's all.

Rolston isn't scoring, but he hasn't been a liability either. He hustles and plays smart, I prefer this over deadwood like SpecialNieds, or Macammond, Peters, PPL.

Rolston isn't scoring, but he hasn't been a liability either. He hustles and plays smart, I prefer this over deadwood like SpecialNieds, or Macammond, Peters, PPL.

How quickly people forget that he has brakes on his skates...in case a big d-man is on the area...hustles?? smart??