Worrell To Avs

smelly

Florida made out like Bandits on this one. Worrell just isnt an effective player other then fighting, and in the more free skating west will be victimized by his lack of any skating ability. Panthers fans at first will be pissed.

Say what you will, I've always thought Worrell is a decent enough skater to get by, and he absolutely hits everything in sight.. I watched a Florida-Ranger game and he must've hit 13 different guys. His skating sucks but he has a decent shot and is willing to stand in front of the net to pay the price.

Nedorost will probably become a good player, but Messier's useless. I'm surprised Vaclav's being dealt, but remember a 2nd rounder is also going to Colorado, which could very well turn into a very high 2nd rounder (31-35).

Say what you will, I've always thought Worrell is a decent enough skater to get by, and he absolutely hits everything in sight.. I watched a Florida-Ranger game and he must've hit 13 different guys. His skating sucks but he has a decent shot and is willing to stand in front of the net to pay the price.

Nedorost will probably become a good player, but Messier's useless. I'm surprised Vaclav's being dealt, but remember a 2nd rounder is also going to Colorado, which could very well turn into a very high 2nd rounder (31-35).

Right on Tri. Worrell won't dazzle out on the ice by any means, but he has enough skill to get by. His shot is also underrated...anyone else remember that rocket he put over Marty's shoulder in game 1 of the playoffs in 2000?

But his strength is just that, his strength. The guy can physically manhandle just about anyone in the league. I remember that game against the rangers you talked about. Worrell single handedly intimidated the enitre ranger squad and completely shifted their focus on him rather than the game.

I hate the guy, but he's by no means a bum player.

I, for one, believe he is one of the worst skaters I've ever seen in the NHL. He has a decent shot, nothing to write home about however. Plus, this guy plays really dirty sometimes. Threathening to cut Oliwa's throat during that scrum with Nieder in 2000, yeah this guy uses his brain. :rolleyes:

You think he's one of the worst skaters, but you know what that shows? You watch him when he's on the ice. So do opposing teams.

The guy hits more and harder than just about any player in the NHL. He's one of the very few players who's willing to try a hit at center ice without momentum.

Niedermayer was right to bludgeon him? Okay ^7^, whatever you say. Of course, if the instigator rule was gone like you say it should be, Niedermayer would've been unable to see after he pulled that little stunt.

yes niedermayer was right to smack him over the head because he was running around throwing elbows at everybody, I think he laid Brylin out 3 times with cheap elbows to the head before coming after Niedermayer. So what was Nieds supposed to do, thank him? I'm upset Nieds didn't smack him harder so we could see the candy corn and cobwebs spill out of his ears. At least he would've learned a lesson.

worrell is just another thug who wouldn't be in the league if the talent wasn't so diluted and the refs called penalties.

he has a long reach, it makes him a great fighter. But the guy does nothing else but deliver illegal hits.

Worrell is a thug. Absolutely no talent and hits everybody up high with elbows. Nieds did the right thing in trying to crack his skull open.

One of the few times I actually ever agree with 7! :lol: Worrell is a thug and now I just have yet ONE MORE reason to despise the Crapalanche!

Niedermayer was right to bludgeon him?  Okay ^7^, whatever you say.  Of course, if the instigator rule was gone like you say it should be, Niedermayer would've been unable to see after he pulled that little stunt.

I don't know, the way I see it, Worrell had just smashed a vicious elbow directly into Niedermayer's face/head prior to the stick whacking response. I don't condone what Nied did, but in a sense it WAS a self-defensive reaction since he'd just been cheapshotted himself. Plus that whole friggin game Worrell was headhunting and throwing flying elbows before Nied finally snapped.

(Besides, I thought that was the game Ftorek had refused to let Oliwa on the ice to take care of Worrell, and it escalated into that big mess when it was all said and done... since Worrell hadn't been stopped beforehand).

Self-defense? It was 30 seconds after the act. It was incredibly stupid on Niedermayer's part, and he almost did it to Vaclav Prospal in this year's playoffs too. If Worrell had been hurt, who knows about our Stanley Cup chances, because Nieds might've gotten 15 games. Very VERY dumb. The refs blew that one too, and so did Ftorek, but Niedermayer most of all.

As for the Avs PK, we can use the GR/7 logic that since the Avs were near the bottom, who cares who's on their PK? I'm sure they'll pick someone up on waivers before the season.

it wasn't 30 seconds after the act, the big gawky idiot just elbowed brylin and came in and elbowed niedermayer after the whistle. Both elbows to the head, Nieds did the right thing by smacking him over the head with a stick. I mean how else can you teach big idiots like Worrell a lesson? The guy never gets penalized for elbowing everybody in sight, better he gets the fractured skull than Nieds or Brylin.

the refs blew it by not penalizing worrell for his 15 illegal elbows before Nieds snapped, the NHL blew it by allowing a retard like him into the league.

and no he does not have a great shot, otherwise he might average more than a paltry 3 goals a season, he got lucky on that 1 floater over brodeur who thought the play was offsides.