New Kovy Update ("As the Kovy Turns")

DevsFan7545

Oh for the love of tits, this is just getting ridiculous. First they circumvented the cap, now they're disguising the circumvention? I'm sorry, but if the Devils are at least disguising the circumvention, then the Hossa, Luongo, Pronger, etc. deals that are blatant circumventions HAVE TO be rejected.

Fvcking ridiculous. If this gets rejected, can the Devils sue the league for operating in poor faith, allowing certain deals for certain teams to pass while holding them up to a completely different standard?

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

call me crazy but could anyone see tedneby getting trade with someone like roloston? ..... he is a left winger and we are going to be stacked with left wingers for a while... it would make no sense giving up one of our young centers. Also i do love the kid but i just threw it out there for some food for thought

It's possible, but if he's involved in the deal, the Devils would have to be getting some real value in return. A first round pick from a mediocre team is what I'd demand if that's what's going the other way.

TSN/Dreger: One NHL general manager doesn't believe for a second the league will allow this one to pass either, stating Lou Lamoriello, the Devils and Ilya Kovalchuk are simply trying to "disguise circumvention," adding, "trying to hide the crime, makes this even worse."

"... and I wanna win and it's not fair!!!!!"

It's possible, but if he's involved in the deal, the Devils would have to be getting some real value in return. A first round pick from a mediocre team is what I'd demand if that's what's going the other way.

This is in contention for the most ridiculous contract negotiation in all of pro sports. It is obvious the league DOES NOT want Kovy in NJ, and will do anything they can to prevent him from being here. Time for a lawsuit

Ok upon reading the article, this is some anonymous GM that is saying these remarks. He sounds like he has sand in his vag!na and is just bitching. At first I thought this was an actual NHL league executive saying these comments.

Me too. I had a gut reaction, then actually read that part of the article. It's probably Sather.

Edit: No, actually it wouldn't make sense to be Sather. He'd want it to go through so he could mirror the deal for future contracts for past-their-prime superstars. My guess is Kevin Lowe or some other small-market GM.

Edited by DaneykoIsGod

Ok upon reading the article, this is some anonymous GM that is saying these remarks. He sounds like he has sand in his vag!na and is just bitching. At first I thought this was an actual NHL league executive saying these comments.

yeah exactly... knowing Kovie doesnt want to play anywhere else in the NHL than NJ why would others GMs... especially in the East conference wouldnt want to see him go to the KHL

I have to agree at first I almost crapped my pants. I bet this is Burke who hates these contracts

TSN/Dreger: One NHL general manager doesn't believe for a second the league will allow this one to pass either, stating Lou Lamoriello, the Devils and Ilya Kovalchuk are simply trying to "disguise circumvention," adding, "trying to hide the crime, makes this even worse."

Good to hear from Flyers GM Paul Holmgren.

God I love the horrid wording of Drager's tweet. He could have said GM instead of NHL exec. Those are two different things in my opinion.

Yea, very misleading. A bitter GM, and an executive who works for the NHL are TOTALLY DIFFERENT. I could care less what a GM is saying....

Oh for the love of tits, this is just getting ridiculous. First they circumvented the cap, now they're disguising the circumvention? I'm sorry, but if the Devils are at least disguising the circumvention, then the Hossa, Luongo, Pronger, etc. deals that are blatant circumventions HAVE TO be rejected.

Fvcking ridiculous. If this gets rejected, can the Devils sue the league for operating in poor faith, allowing certain deals for certain teams to pass while holding them up to a completely different standard?

I could be wrong but I remember hearing that the Koharski-Schonefeld "Doughnuts" incident and the NHL's BS handling of it resulting in the Devils suing the NHL and getting a temporary restraining order agains the league resulted in new NHL league by-laws which prevent franchises from suing the league in the future.

They didnt finish the quote..."unless its me of course. It's no fair when New Jersey gets to sign a great high profile player" -Glen Sather

it was pretty disgusting how brian burke made a huge deal about offer sheets when penner got signed away from him, then partly for his own vanity did he make a trade with boston for kessel, which happened to include absolutely no players besides kessel.

totally brian burke - which is surprising because he's a lou pal. he might also be trying to plant a seed in the NHL's mind just in case they're wavering.

the league's not going to have toronto's support during the next labor negotiation anyway, so his opinion isn't a big deal. also with the work he's doing there in toronto, he might not have a job by that point, either.

it was pretty disgusting how brian burke made a huge deal about offer sheets when penner got signed away from him, then partly for his own vanity did he make a trade with boston for kessel, which happened to include absolutely no players besides kessel.

You have to cut Burke some slack on Kessel. If I recall, the Bruins made it pretty clear that they weren't in a position to sign Kessel given their cap issues. Plus, Burke did in fact trade what has turned out to be a pretty penny for him. (Kind of like asking your girlfriend's parents for permission before proposing). And you better believe that another poor performance that leads to the Bruins getting another top five draft pick will result in Burke's prompt dismissal.