New Kovy Update ("As the Kovy Turns")

DevsFan7545

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I now get why Bettman is hated so much by hockey fans. Because hockey fans for the most parts are idiots.

i've been saying this for years, glad to see someone's hopping on the bandwagon. or i guess it's an anti-bandwagon, whatever that would be.

I bet there's some rule that they can't but it'd be great if they already had plans b-z drawn up with different contract lengths, salary, etc. Then submit one at a time til the nhl approves one and kovy already agreed, then all they had to do was get him to officially sign and that's it. Instead of this draw one up, sign, submit, denied, arbitrate, denial upheld, redo. This way you bypass all this waiting game bs and make it a done deal ASAP.

I hate the suits in the NHL for this decision, and he is the scapegoat. I still firmly believe that if the Penguins had offered this contract to Kovalchuk, not a single person in the NHL offices would flinch.

well, you happen to be incorrect. the NHL investigated the hossa and pronger deals, both of which were more realistic than this one. and those guys signed with teams the NHL loves. why they didn't go to this process for those contracts, i'm not exactly sure, but this deal certainly invited it.

Just annoyed that there's other contracts that by the definition this arbitrator and the league probably used, already violate the cba. Seems like the league has it in for the devils/kovalchuk. This may just be me talking out of my tukus but i dont think a contract like this gets challeneged by the league if its for a canadian player.

i've been saying this for years, glad to see someone's hopping on the bandwagon. or i guess it's an anti-bandwagon, whatever that would be.

But we're hockey fans... and all the pontification you guys can come up with is just as idiotic in it's own special way as the loud inarticulate angry people.

and you -- you're not an idiot either! :giggle:

Oh I deleted that line where I said I wasn't an idiot... and neither is Scott Stevens.

Lou and msweet aren't exactly idiots -- just a little too mighty sometimes. uh oh -- did I just get banned?

Edited by Pepperkorn