New Kovy Update ("As the Kovy Turns")

DevsFan7545

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea I don't think anything is happening today. I doubt they would announce anything if it's too late in the day.

I dunno about that. Kovy's trade to NJ was announced around 8 or 9 PM if I recall. The announcement of the contract rejection was around 5 PM. I don't remember what time it was when they first announced the new contract, but it wasn't in the morning.

Sure, it gets less and less likely to occur as the day goes on, but I wouldn't say it's too late 'til much later in the day.

Besides, I still believe that if it's really gonna be a 17 thing, Kovy's currently agreeing to a deal as we speak but it won't be announced for a few days. That or we have to wait til September 17th.

I dunno about that. Kovy's trade to NJ was announced around 8 or 9 PM if I recall. The announcement of the contract rejection was around 5 PM. I don't remember what time it was when they first announced the new contract, but it wasn't in the morning.

Sure, it gets less and less likely to occur as the day goes on, but I wouldn't say it's too late 'til much later in the day.

Besides, I still believe that if it's really gonna be a 17 thing, Kovy's currently agreeing to a deal as we speak but it won't be announced for a few days. That or we have to wait til September 17th.

I'm pretty certain grossman's "he's signing today" tweet was at 11:00 AM EST. Contract was 'officially' announced around 1-2 iirc

September 17th??? When does camp start.

My guess is Kovy will sign 17/17/1717

Um...unless I'm misunderstanding you, are you implying there is a month with 17 as its number? Because, sadly, there isn't :P

Actually, I don't have a clue what you're implying, haha. Hopefully I don't look like an absolute ass posting this :lol:

Edited by Devilsfan118

To the tune of Glen Campbell's "Galveston"

Kovalchuk, oh Kovalchuk, I still hear your pucks a flyin’

I still see his dark eyes glowin'

He was 26 when he left Atlanta

Kovalchuk, oh Kovalchuk, I still see your pucks a scorin’

While I watch the D-men ducking

I clear my head and dream of Kovalchuk

I still see him standing by the point

Standing there lookin' at the goal

And is he waiting there to shoot?

On the ice where we used to skate

Kovalchuk, oh Kovalchuk, he is not afraid of Pronger

Before Crosby dries the tears he's crying

Before I watch your vodka flowing in the cup

Our Kovalchuk, our Kovalchuk

This is like the calm before the storm. I envisioned this summer to be hectic for the first week or two after July 1, to then slow down and be calm for late July until camp started, but nooooooo. Chaos for 6 weeks, then absolutely nothing and I guess we'll have chaos again in a week or two.