New Kovy Update ("As the Kovy Turns")

DevsFan7545

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dealing rolston makes it much easier. How does 7 mill work with rolston staying put?

rolston probably can't be dealt. to me the best strategy is to re-entry waive him. if it works, and i think it will, that gets 2.5M off the books. throw salvador to the wolves and there goes 5.4 million. that at least works for this season.

Edited by Triumph

rolston probably can't be dealt. to me the best strategy is to re-entry waive him. if it works, and i think it will, that gets 2.5M off the books. throw salvador to the wolves and there goes 5.4 million. that at least works for this season.

I thought the over-35 contract limits the whole...re-entry waivers situation? Aren't we stuck with the cap hit even if he's claimed?

While it works, it's damn ugly. Along with Pando / Peters buyouts, that means we have $3.5M sitting in limbo over the next 2 years.

Wouldn't someone have to claim rolston on re entry waivers for your theory to work?

Wouldn't someone have to claim rolston on re entry waivers for your theory to work?

As useless as Rolston is at $5M, a left winger with a hard shot who scored 20 goals last year isn't unthinkable at $2.5M. It's far from a guarantee, but the slim odds that a team would claim him at this discount are far better than the pretty much non-existant odds that a team would trade for him at his full cap hit.

As useless as Rolston is at $5M, a left winger with a hard shot who scored 20 goals last year isn't unthinkable at $2.5M. It's far from a guarantee, but the slim odds that a team would claim him at this discount are far better than the pretty much non-existant odds that a team would trade for him at his full cap hit.

Rolston would be claimed on re-entry 10 out of 10 times.

While it works, it's damn ugly. Along with Pando / Peters buyouts, that means we have $3.5M sitting in limbo over the next 2 years.

and? dead money doesn't matter. rolston's contract is a sunk cost. how much value do you think rolston is going to provide on the 10M we're paying him over the next 2 years? i'd be surprised if it were 4M.

i think he'd get picked up. it's not a guarantee, but i think it's far from a 'slim chance'.