• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me get in on the song lyrics thing cuz I got a creative one:

Twinkle Twinkle little star

ABCDEFG

You are my sunshine

Please sign Ilya fvcking Kovalchuk already so we can close this damn thread.

If I had a nickel for everytime this was said in this thread...

fvck, I'd take a penny and still be rich.

Edited by ben00rs

I just don't care anymore. This whole thing has basically screwed up the whole off season, everyone is sat around waiting for this to play out and its just boring. All i want to see now is some actual hockey.

The whole thing has just reached a sublime level of annoying. I'm not so much bored as I am annoyed, and with all parties involved. Usually there's some level of excitement/interest when my team signs a big-name player (even if it's a guy I don't want, as is the case w/Kovy), but now I'm just like "do it already", and when it's done I won't feel much of anything. This offseason has been so strange...I'm with you, I just want to see some damn hockey. No more salary cap talk, no more "according to this rule or that rule"...just want to see ice, pucks, skates, saves, and goals.

Yeah -- I have an undercurrent of disquiet. but mostly I trust the guy - I feel like this is already team. No rumors he's going anywhere else. No activity that anyone can see - so it feels like it's a given he's a Devil. I don't care about any details of his contract. I just dont want to be thrown for a loop when he signs somewhere else.

If he DOES sign somewhere else - then I won't be too cut up. I won't feel betrayed -- I'll just think "I KNEW he was an a$$hole." It would also be difficult not to appreciate what Daly and Bettman did in rejecting the contract. I can here Bettman's little scratchy voice now " See Jeff - it was all for your protection. We're here to protect you owners from yourseeeelves.*cough* A fruit basket and an apology would be welcome here... I'm just saying is all. :) "

If he DOES sign somewhere else - then I won't be too cut up. I won't feel betrayed -- I'll just think "I KNEW he was an a$$hole." It would also be difficult not to appreciate what Daly and Bettman did in rejecting the contract. I can here Bettman's little scratchy voice now " See Jeff - it was all for your protection. We're here to protect you owners from yourseeeelves.*cough* A fruit basket and an apology would be welcome here... I'm just saying is all. :) "

Can you imagine the backlash from the less-rational members of the devils fan base though? Yikes.

Plus, you would definitely see people add this event to the "The NHL hates the devils" conspiracy evidence list.

Edited by Devilsfan118

Can you imagine the backlash from the less-rational members of the devils fan base though? Yikes.

Plus, you would definitely see people add this event to the "The NHL hates the devils" conspiracy evidence list.

The NHL does hate the Devils. I have the secret documents. I just can't show them to anyone.

The NHL does hate the Devils. I have the secret documents. I just can't show them to anyone.

You'll have to show them to me after I get back from my long road trip to this obsolete location in Kansas

Edited by Devilsfan118

you know - you're right. I never thought about it. I just figure no one wants a guy they HAVE to buy. You buy someone as an act of loyalty, respect, appreciation for his talents. Lou's never gone out that far on that limb -- Holik and Niedermayer appear to be the only guys really. Ownership said "what's the problem -- do it! Why test the guy? I'm in it for the money not the honor. So this bullsh!t of yours with This is a business -- remember that. Kovy = sales. This IS a business transaction not a hockey transaction - suck it up and show him the money"

Because it's not a business to Lou. It's a cult. The Cult of Hockey. You ask a guy to make the monitary sacrifice not in the name of business... but in the name of hockey. He conveyed that as best he could to Kovalchuk. Kovalchuk respected that. Now -- will he sign on the dotted line? Really? Is he a true member of the Cult of Hockey? Few are...

Which brings us to the whole -- a discussion I just don't want to have because I see how blind I choose to be and I'm not sure why even when it doesn't even effect my life on ANY level. and if it DID -- well then you REALLY have to take a long hard look -- Stevens, Niedermayer and Broduer are so fascinating a trio. Dano, Arnott, Elias, Sykora, Madden, Pandolfo, Turner Stevenson, Tommy Albelin -- these guys are a lower rung but add the nuances Brodeur needs for his membership... Then you have your Langenbrunner. He's outside of it all somehow. He's a member without acknowledging the actual existence.

ahhh... but that's a whole other kettle of fish isn't it? :evil: