NOT a Kovy Thread... I promise

grcenter47

Has anyone ever purchased a jersey by a player and then the guy has either been traded, played horribly, or never panned out. If you do, do you still wear it?

One of my friends has a Darren Turcotte Rangers jersey that he stills wears. Unfortunately I bought a custom made Alexander Semak jersey which I wear once in a blue moon for vintage purposes

Hasn't happened to me for hockey, but I was one of the many who rushed out and got a Favre jersey when the Jets got him. Got a cheaper 80 dollar replica though. It will never see the light of day again. I now stick to my trusty old Mo Lewis jersey now at games.

I had a friend who got an Aaron Voros Ranger jersey though.

Edited by mmajeski06

It's funny, I only started buying jerseys with names on them recently. As such, I only own Brodeur, Parise, Elias, and Langenbrunner jerseys.

In fact, the only Devils jersey I own but don't wear much is the one with my own name on it and my birth year as the number. I blame Puck Daddy for that - having a Devils jersey with the number 82 is NOT a Jersey Foul damn you! :rant:

My Elias jersey has a C on it. Does that count?

Right there with you. Went out and bought it the day after Elias re-upped with the Devils, I believe. Was he named Captain that quickly, too?

My fiancee has a Gionta jersey that she wears from time to time. She turned it into a Kovalchuk jersey via tape and meticulously-drawn letter replacements... looked great for the first two or three games he was a Devil, then after that people actually purchased Kovy jerseys and she sorta gave up.

Sheeps has a Gionta jersey and a Gomez jersey; double-screwed.

I rock my 95 Peluso jersey with pride.

And to the guy with the Favre Jets jersey... I have a sweet #56 Gholston jersey that I got as soon as they announced what number he would be wearing. :doh1: He is nowhere near as good as they thought and has since changed jersey numbers. :angry:

i don't know why but whenever i buy a jersey, i always try to buy one that not every fan has.

I hate when people personalize their jerseys to have their name on it ( i think its acceptable if you are under 12) and also when girls wear the pink jerseys ( i have seen it during football not sure about other sports) :soap:

I have autographed Stevens and Daneyko jerseys and they don't play for us anymore. Does that give me the right to post in this thread?

Holy smokes that Stevens jersey will be worth a ton of money in 30+ years. A sound investment sir.

I have a Randy Jackson, from American Idol, signed Elias jersey...why would I get Randy Jackson to sign the jersey? "Cause I bumped into him and all I had on me was this [jersey] and you're not gonna not get Randy Jackson's autograph, Right?"

B )

Edited by UnderDogX