Mark Fraser vows to be 'mean, physical defenseman'

Rock

Hopefully he means it, I think this is one of the things last year's team was missing. A defenceman that put a little fear into opposing forwards heads. If Fraser can play like he says he wants to, plus Volchenkov...should make the area in front of Marty a little less friendly for other teams.

All i think is it seems like this great idea - to jump in and ensure you're signed to a one way NHL contract. It's sort of like Argue for your limitations and they're yours. You can't sign your way to an NHL contract for keeps... you have to really earn it.

I don't know - not just taking any opportunity to play anywhere you can... I don't know what that says. It sounds like he did get a lot of veiled comments and concerned advise. HE seems to feel like he understands he took a risk with this contract -- but I'm not sure he really gets it.

:noclue: Hmeh -- maybe he can convince them to put him on injured reserve and he can work with some special assignment defence coach or something - get some one on one tutelage and try to woo this coach to put in some kind of word for him.

What I'd like to know - is does Scott Stevens ever go out on a limb for someone. Someone who isn't a sure bet - just trust a gut feeling and say "Do it - trust him and fvck me if he fails." :unsure: huhuhhuhu you know I'd be all :pray: fail fail fail! :giggle:

Really? No slight to Fraser, but he is an AHL defensemen at best. He is exactly as you see him. No more no less.

I'd say hes a 7th Dman in the NHL with absolutely no potential to be anything more.

Edited by Elias26

I'm just not sure he has that meanness in him. I've met him twice at Devils events, and he's about as nice and mild mannered a player you'll ever meet and made Paul Martin feel like Charles Manson (Paul Martin wouldn't scare a 10 year old even if he ripped the basket off his bike!). If you've met Scott Stevens, you can just tell that he has an animal side that you pray you never see. I like the signing and hope he raises his game and finds that mean streak he'll need to compete at this level long term.

I'm just not sure he has that meanness in him. I've met him twice at Devils events, and he's about as nice and mild mannered a player you'll ever meet and made Paul Martin feel like Charles Manson (Paul Martin wouldn't scare a 10 year old even if he ripped the basket off his bike!). If you've met Scott Stevens, you can just tell that he has an animal side that you pray you never see. I like the signing and hope he raises his game and finds that mean streak he'll need to compete at this level long term.

Totally agree with this. Of any of the young D-man, I would actually say it's Corrente who has the Scott Stevens, hit you until you stop moving, mentality.

Sounds good but let's see him do it. It was disturbing to see that POS Carcillo ko him last year.

Don't remind me.

:puke: And we can't forget the time he got bitched behind the net during the playoffs. Hopefully this year he does come out with a whole new meanness.