Michael Rupp

Jerrydevil

But the Devils arent in need of anything... we have enough D prospects, and a lot of well-rounded fowards.... The only thing we need is a scorer; which would be in March... if at all; we've been waiting since our 2nd cup... when AlMo left.

Besides; Rupp is something we need; a big center. If he keeps it up; he'll be the target of rumors, but on NJ's untouchable list.

I'm with you, aylbert. I'd like to see the crew we have go to war (but it is a long season, who knows what twists and turns await?). I was just making the comment that a player with Rupp's size, if he plays tough and has some offensive ability, is not an easy commodity to find in the NHL and is much in demand. I like what he's done the past two games, and I'm hoping to see more of it on a regular basis.

If Rupp goes, I will be pissed... I like his game, he brings alot. Hit is hitting and bringing a physical game. I would only trade him for a number 1 center...

The best thing I like about Rupp is that he has a good attitude. He wants to improve himself and wants a permanent spot on the roster. This could be what drives him to become a great player. I would like it if the Devils kept Rupp, he might even have a breakout season this year. I've got a good feeling about him.

I'd take Rupp over holik anyday

I can't believe you just said that, Holik was 10 times the player Rupp is. I would trade Rupp for a 2nd or 3rd right about now and take my chances on a draft pick next year. Rupp is doing well right now but he gets points in bunches, don't expect any consistancy out of him at all.

Right, but that's only because you don't understand the value of actually having players on your roster, rather than AHL teams or junior teams or whatever.

I'd take Rupp's mouth over Holik's, but the rest of the body competition belongs to Holik (except maybe the eyebrows too).

I'd love to see Rupp play consistently though. I don't think we'll see it.

If Rupp goes, I will be pissed... I like his game, he brings alot. Hit is hitting and bringing a physical game. I would only trade him for a number 1 center...

I dont think rupp will go anywhere. Burns is the kinda guy that will keep him honest. He'll have to constantly earn his job. I love the 4th line of him, Turner & Rasmussin. They all throw the body, & ruppmeister has a huge wing-span.

Vince

From my perspective in the arena, Rupp could have had a hat trick today if he was half a stride quicker. 3 centering passes came to the slot with Aebischer out of position if only Rupp could have got there...... if only..... :evilcry:

If the centering passes came from Elias...they would have been in the net.

Rupp is definitely a keeper. His skating has already improved greatly over early last year. I think he'll end up being sort of a Joel Otto type player - basically a big defensive center who can score 20-25 a year. He's also still only 23, and big players usually take longer to develop.

...trade him for a 2nd/3rd rounder? You'd have about a 1 in 10 shot of getting an equally good player that way.

A bag of hockey pucks brought more to the team than Holik... He was a problem in the locker room on a team that does not need that. All he did was talk and that is about it... The rink was warmer in those days because of the hot air he spewed.

ike Rupp is IMO a good player. He is told something, he does it, that adds to the team. The Devils are a team, and Holik could not see that... What more do you want out of Rupp.. I agree that Rock.. he could have had a trick with more speed. He did not, but no one asked him to... He was told to be in the front of the net and toss his weight around. He gets his job done... he makes for a good team player on the Devils.

8/10? Don't be ridiculous.

Since 1990-1998, in examining picks between 30 and 90, the Devils have Dunham, Bombardir, Brylin, Hulse, Pandolfo, Morrison, Oliwa, Elias, McAuley, Souray, White, Parker, Gionta as NHLers. Of these, players like Hulse, Oliwa, and Parker are of no account. In that time, the Devils have also drafted Bodarnchuk, Hextall, Lindquist, Willner, Tomilin, Perrott, Vyskedevich, Gosselin, Mason, DeWolf, Dagenais, and Gron. That's about 50%. An excellent percentage. But not worth dealing Rupp for, already an NHLer with the potential to be the best 4th line center in the league.

Here's hoping Rupp keeps up the consistent play. I'm not convinced he can make it as a center in this league, something about him seems to not fit into the mold of a 1st or 2nd line center, but he's too talented to be a 4th. We'll see.

1 in 10, I would highly doubt with NJ's scouting that it would be that low, maybe 8/10 or better. I don't expect anymore improvment in Rupps game, maybe a bit mroe consistancy.

Jason, it depends on the devs expectations. I think he'll fill that role (4th line banger capable of chipping in a few here and there. I wish he had a lil more

Danton in him, (nastiness) but I like him so far. Remember he's scared sh!tless to make a mistake (hence being a step behind @ times) Stevens can f*ck up @ times,

Rupp cant, he goes to Albany.

Vince

Thank you, Tri, for proving my point. The Devils have had loads of 2nd and 3rd round picks over the years. How many of them have turned into players better than Rupp? Perhaps more than 1 in 10, but still very few, and that's with Conte calling the shots. 8 in 10 is ridiculous, however.

Rupp will be an exceptional 3rd line center in this league. He's got all the tools. Also, considering that bigger players take longer to develop, he could end up being ever better than I suspect. Keep in mind players like Pronger (who was TERRIBLE his first few years), Jovanovski (ditto Pronger) and Primeau. Bigger players take longer to develop. That's almost always the case.

Draft picks are all well and good, but there's nothing quite like NHL experience. Rupp right now is worth far more than any 2nd or 3rd round pick.