DevsFan7545

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No no I don't want to believe it, lol Thanks Ice

yeah i like Zubrus! sucks...

i see the admins changed the thread...i figure the NHL network is a viable source... :D

oh well... i know everyone here would be bummed to lose Zubrus.

perhaps he is just the odd man out at this point... that sucks.

yeah i like Zubrus! sucks...

i see the admins changed the thread...i figure the NHL network is a viable source... :D

oh well... i know everyone here would be bummed to lose Zubrus.

perhaps he is just the odd man out at this point... that sucks.

well they* obviously removed it from the ticker for a reason.... maybe because it was just a rumor and not confirmed

Edited by Demonic26

well they* obviously removed it from the ticker for a reason.... maybe because it was just a rumor and not confirmed

maybe Lou changed his mind at the last minute and soon we'll see "Colin White Waived" or "Jamie Langenbrunner to Colorado for a bag of practice pucks..."

More confirmation this rumor is false from Ken Beckett from HockeyBuzz:

"Dainius Zubrus' agent tells me at this time his client has not been placed on waivers despite reports saying otherwise. #Devils #NHL "

Dainius Zubrus' agent tells me at this time his client has not been placed on waivers despite reports saying otherwise. #Devils #NHL

— Ken Beckett (@KenBeckett)

October 5, 2010

there's something off about this. the only people rejecting it out of hand are TG and some guy from hockeybuzz. McKenzie won't go one way or another.

technically, he would be waived tomorrow and cleared or assigned to someone else on Thursday. this is something where I'm really not sure one way or another, I think I'll take McKenzie's lead.

There is no need to waive Zubrus right now. The Devils are $84,000 UNDER the salary cap right now. No need to move anyone right now until Salvador and Salmela becomes healthy to play. By sending the kids Corrente, Josefson, Tedenby and others to Albany it created cap space to put the Devils under the salary cap for now.

These twitter fire rumors spread so fast now. Look at the Burns fiasco. Even the brick and mortar news agencnies aren't vetting these stories anymore.

You'd think after that mess people would think twice before publishing something they aren't 100% certain about.

Guess everyone just wants to break the story first

You'd think after that mess people would think twice before publishing something they aren't 100% certain about.

Guess everyone just wants to break the story first

It's funny...in the age of twitter you'd think that the person who breaks the story first doesn't matter anymore. But alas, 'tis not the case.

his agent or the devils have no reason to lie about this. they might waive him tomorrow and he'd clear thursday, but he wasn't put on today.

but if he wasn't put on by noon, then he wasn't waived "today". you know what I mean? I don't know which way to go here. just a bunch of twitter reporting from some pretty crappy sources, and meanwhile, McKenzie is playing with capgeek instead of saying "yes" or "no".

but if he wasn't put on by noon, then he wasn't waived "today". you know what I mean? I don't know which way to go here. just a bunch of twitter reporting from some pretty crappy sources, and meanwhile, McKenzie is playing with capgeek instead of saying "yes" or "no".

right, that's my point. zubrus could be waived tomorrow at noon. it's hard to report that something isn't happening; mckenzie is clearly on top of the waiver wire, but he'd look like an idiot if he reported that zubrus isn't waived, only to have him appear there tomorrow afternoon.

also, the devils aren't a canadian team.

Edited by Triumph