DEVILS! ISLANDERS! THIS TIME IT'S PERSONAL!

sheeps

Yeah, Garth Snow pisses me off. He has this way he carries himself, he looks all cocky, like DiPietro or something. Furthermore, he has to FREAK out when anyone comes near him...hell, the opposing player doesn't even have to touch him and he goes crying to the refs that he's being interfered with. And of course, the icing on the cake is when he goes f'ng AIRBORN when a player knocks into him, touches him, or even slightly nudges him. I mean, seriously, you'd think he was just hit with a giant shovel or something he makes THAT big of a production out of it. He should join the Olympic diving team, I tell you! He makes Forsberg look like a saint!

UGH!

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, when you're playing a hot team with some jump, and and you spend the whole night a step behind, this is what you get. A licking.

With the undisciplined play, I thought that was the Rangers out there, not the Devils. And I ask, please, Devil players (White, Stevens, Madden) STOP THE WHINING! It was pathetic. They deserved every penalty.

RD, you singled out Friesen and Gomez, and I thought fairly so. They were terrible.

I'm not concerned about Marty because he was well-rested. Plus, he made some amazing saves, especially in the first period. I agree that he should rest more, but that wasn't the issue tonight IMO.

thats a nice photo.

i have to agree on gomez too.  i'd be all for trading him, but the devils are stuck with him.  the way the roster is now, they cannot afford to give him up for anything other than another gomez-type player, which is pointless.

Actually a 24 year old 50 point center could be very attractive to some teams. Just got to find a good trading partner.

edit: plus he only makes 1 mil

Edited by MissionHockey

Jesus, I don't want to trade Gomez, he was just bad tonight, LOL! Rafalski stunk, too, I don't want to ship HIS ass out!

Rock, I mostly feel that way, also....the Isles played like an elite team tonight. They've been playing like an elite team for 2 weeks. They're tough and they skate......like the way we usually play, LOL!

Blah! I didn't see the game tonight. I think I'm glad. Devils lose, Isles gain 2 points. Leafs tie. Stars tie Flyers - Flyers gain 1 point. Not a good hockey night.

The Isles have picked up just where the Leafs left off - now they're the team playing hard, playing with passion & confidence. Somebody stop them!!! Please!!!

Geez hold on a sec here fellas. Granted it is dissapointing to lose to the Isles three times in a row, but let's take a step back here, we're still two points back of first with a couple of games in hand. Let's not trade half the team just yet. ;)

And there ARE two key players out, not just Langs but Turner as well (though I never count on him to be healthy for 80 games anyways). Plus this Schwab situation and their lack of faith in the backups is kind of screwing us right now. Granted the Isles have Yashin out too, but let's see how they're doing in another ten games.

i found a pic of parrish's 2nd goal of the game

you can see the puck there just beating marty.

it was a goal he should've stopped

You know what though? I think Marty remembered Kvasha's goal against him in the last game. Marty hugged the short side, then moved slightly to help out the defense, and the puck bounced in off of Brodeur's own skate... I didn't see the play, but I wonder if Marty was moving quickly into position and was afraid his 5-hole wasn't covered well enough.

And let's not forget -- Marty gambles. This photo makes it look like it was a gambling save attempt. Had Parrish gone 5-hole, Brodeur could have made the save easily and either covered the puck or cleared it immediately. In this case, he lost on his gamble. It's bound to happen.

On another note, if Rasmussen is out or cannot play his great crash-and-bang style, then the Devils will really be hurting. Rasmussen has made Elias and Friesen play better as of late. Larionov's injury, if serious, will detract more from the Devils mentally than physically on the ice -- it becomes another player lost to injury, and they'll think of that when they play the next game.

The return of Langenbrunner will be a great boost, as will the comeback of Stevenson... but by no means will they solve all problems.

Maybe the Isles just played an outstanding game. That's what it looked like watching it at work. They jumped all over the Devils in that first. If not for Brodeur, the game was over after a period. That Parrish redirection was sick. I can't understand why that guy doesn't score more consistently. Anyway, he has Brodeur's number. What's that? Four goals???

With the exception of the first half of the second period where the Devils came out and dictated the pace and knotted the game, it was all Isles. They responded by coming back. Took advantage of a poor clear by Rafalski and Rafalski didn't do a good job on Kvasha in front either. It resulted in a shot Brodeur couldn't see.

The third goal was one Brodeur would have liked back. But if you break it down, Gomez did a horrible job switching to take Parrish. He watched Parrish get position and walk in on Brodeur. Gomez is a poor defensive player. He was victimized by Parrish the other night too. That will never be a strong suit of his game.

The third period was just the Isles doing what the Devils have done to so many frustrated opponents. Kept the Devils outside and away from the net in the primary scoring areas. And to be honest, the Devils looked defeated. Like they were just having one of "those games." As a co-worker said to me who's a diehard Dev fan, "They aren't coming back in this game." He was right.

One thing I noticed about the recent Isles' success against Brodeur. Most of their goals have come with traffic in front. That's the one way you can beat Brodeur. Get traffic in front. The goalie can't always stop what he has trouble seeing. That's smart, simple hockey.

I am very disappointed with the play of Friesen and Gomez, they both were awful tonight. I don't understand how Gomez can have that five game point streak and then go and have a game like this. Ugh.

Actually Gomer had a point last night too. :lol: But I understand your frustration. Hell I like the kid a lot and I'm starting to be very frustrated with him. I'm not going to say trade him unless he becomes a locker room problem, but let's face it on this team as currently constituted Gomer's nothing more than a one-dimensional 50-point player who gives back most of them on defense :rolleyes:

Firstly - how can Stevens look bad when he's not even out there half the time ... until the third when he's trying to instill a little jump in these schmucks. And I missed the high sticking but the Islanders announcers were saying it was Madden who did it and Stevens got the call. either way the PK looks to be fvcked but Stevens at least needed a fvcking chance to be out there to spark the team. so stick the dicipline command where the sun dont shine - it was hardly whining. (oops forgot to add smilie! But don't I sound all tetchy and irrate! :evil: )

Secondly - yes we do place blame. Hale is the perfect example of what NOT to be doing. He's just fine out there but a step behind and FAR TOO CALM for a rookie. I'm seeing shades of Commodore lately. See what bugs me is if he going to be so calm he can't be paired with Rafalski. Rafalski has learned to trust the strong silent type... Hale has not earned that trust and I just don't think Ralfy knows exactly what to do. Close but no cigar is my final ruling on that pairing (for now :evil: ). Martin has progressed really well I must say! and Hale is just dull. Fine but DULL! Do something for goodness sakes! Neids was sloppy but fast enough to cover.. still imagine if he hadn't been sloppy...

BUT MAINLY I BLAME ONE LOUDMOUTHED QUEBEQUAN! Snow is feeding off Goldorack like an effing super hero -- why he even got to play the puck plenty (I was hoping he'd Roy himself up doing so) MARTY GOT HIS ASS SHOWED UP BIG TIME! So did you learn anything my wiseacre friend? Be DULL off ice. :P

But really the Isles looked great. The first was traumatizing. The Devils just look like they don't think they should have to work so hard. Maybe they are tired. If they are then maybe they should stop wheel spinning and get a little more productive.

Man I dont envy Burns because it's not like they're really all that bad... and yet something has to get these guys into shape again-- just because they can't really afford a genuine slide. If they take one the heads roll and that's not always the best thing... and you knwo it's just scary to me that anyone can say "Boy it'll be great to have Turner back in the lineup so we can start winning again" ... :wacko:;)

Oh yeah.. AND ...uh oh... I was editting and I for got what I was going to write... :unsure:

Edited by Pepperkorn

wow... You all know I can see who's reading and NOT writing.

Wish i were like that... :saddevil:

no one needs to discuss? :(

I think I like hockey too much :saddevil:

Hey I just remember my terrible nihgtmare last night! i woke up crying :unsure: I sort of think I'm a putz for that... I'll spare you all the dream... in THIS board... I may have to take it to the fan board though...

:evilcry:

I missed it... I ran in but only saw him muttering in the box... :evil: ... uhmmm I mean :angry:

And I should have known the Isles guys got it wrong with Madden.

So anyhow-- THAT was what i was going to say. Doc being so good has made me a lazy watcher now. I don't follow as closely as I should! Doc generally speaking gets it right and he keeps up, you know? These guys dont' even correct themselves when they say "SAVE BY BRODEUR" when it's freaking SNOW :wacko: they just mess up EVERYTHING! And then I think "whoa maybe I didn't see that right" and I Hate the Elly-ash thing! Doc checks with the players for pronounciation so maybe Kovasha is supposed to be Kov-Ash-a. :noclue:

Yeah and how childish... I mean Doc and Chico never mystery giggle. They're both very considerate to the audience, you know? Did they say Chico was supposed to be there? You know I would have loved that! I suffer from what i call the Chico dichotomy! it wouldn't have been nice to see how he handled it... i was thinking that while posting about him yesterday even!