Devils Sens game thread

Pepperkorn

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I believe that we will beat them... LETS GO DEVILS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Which is in Czechoslovkia.

And this game hasn't been as lobsided as the score shows. The Senators are just cashing in on the odd man rushes with some nice passing.

Nieds doesn't look to happy with his fellow Devils right now.

Vrana, Hossa and Elias would be mad at you, Czech Republic :)

you know, i really don't think that you can really complain about the effort. i think it's there.

the senators are playing excellent (if bordering on illegal holding) defense.

1st goal was a bad bounce off of neids that led to the 2 on 1.

2nd goal was a tough rebound that rasmussen couldn't get to and nobody picked up the forward coming in.

3rd goal is because Igor Larionov is on the team.

Look, you really can't blame the Devils too much on this. They're playing an excellent team with what can only be called inferior players. And I'm not saying inferior to the Sens. I'm saying inferior by NHL standards. Rupp, Rasmussen, and Larionov are borderline NHL players. Stevenson, Marshall, and Brylin are all nice parts to the puzzle, but simply the wrong players to be counted on for offense.

Langenbrunner's return is not enough. I would say that two additional forwards will be necessary along with his return to give the Devils a good offensive team. They don't have to be snipers. But I would certainly hope that they're not more questionable NHL players that would just add to the stockpile that we already have.

Oh, a side note; can Rafalski please connect on one of his outlet passes or refrain from icing the puck when he's attempting to start an offensive rush?! Thank you.