GDT: YOUR NEW JERSEY DEVILS @ OTTAWA SENATORS 3/17 7:30PM

ThreeCups

Ottawa's won 5 of their last 10 games, so that's not exactly true. Granted, 2 of those wins were against us, but they're not just folding over for teams. We just didn't take care of business tonight, and their goalie was the reincarnation of 2000 Eddie Belfour... sh!t happens.

sh!t does happen. Problem is, we can't afford for sh!t to happen in our position.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

10-2, we only have 12 left now :P

And I'm sorry, Hedberg has to play Sunday. Marty gave up crap second goals in both games against Ottawa.

Marty played great tonight. The first goal was a fluke off a guys hip and the second goal flopped up in the air and Marty might have even had it if Salmela didn't dive in trying to block it and knock his glove away. If you're pinning that second goal on Marty you're delusional.

Ottawa...always motherfvcking Ottawa

1998, 2007

96 was terrible because they were an abysmal team back then. Tom Chorske's goal haunted me for a long time.

98 sucked, but so did 97, 99, 2001, 2002, 2004, 2006, 2008, 2009, and 2010. If any team is good enough to make the playoffs, they're good enough to beat anybody. 2007 they were good enough to knock off the President Trophy winners, and make it to the Cup Finals. We still have 2003 though.

Edited by Korean Kid 23

not trying personally to be negative but when stuff isn't going our way, and then we don't get calls going our way on top of it (the penalty to Kovy for "goalie interference" primarily sticks out) it's obscenely hard to keep positive about a game like this. I know games like this happen, but if for once the league would stop being 100% worried about head shots and not call other game-critical infractions maybe things could get just a little better...:argh::argh::argh:

This is what happens when you live and die by officiating, breaks and bounces. They do it more then any team i've seen in recent memory. It's been amazing that they have won as much as they have during the streak walking such a tight rope every night. To me, the simple fact that their style of play is so defensive makes it even more of a feat.

one goal ain't gonna cut it. way too many missed open nets, we need scorers. This is the era of the 6'-4" butterfly goalies, need to go top shelf on just about everything.

we had about 15 give aways too, and continue to have some horribly timed line changes

How disappointing , the Sens putting our season on life support

Elias and Kovalchuk need to bury those glorious chances they had. A wide open net and a breakaway! We're not paying those guys a combined $13M to just try hard.

This is what happens when you live and die by officiating, breaks and bounces. They do it more then any team i've seen in recent memory. It's been amazing that they have won as much as they have during the streak walking such a tight rope every night. To me, the simple fact that their style of play is so defensive makes it even more of a feat.

they get their chances though, they just don't fire it top shelf. we hit more goalies with shots than most

What was Lou's fault this season other than maybe keeping MacLean ten games too long (and NOBODY fires their coach after twenty games, especially not one that was a seven-year project)?

thats all it took too and 10 games would have been HUGE. Im pretty sure NOBODY fires their coach 3-4 games before the playoffs when they are 2nd in the conference too? lol

Elias and Kovalchuk need to bury those glorious chances they had. A wide open net and a breakaway! We're not paying those guys a combined $13M to just try hard.

Elias was robbed. I'm not even sure McScrub even stopped him more then it hit him.

Kovalchuk was poor shot selection. It reminded me of the same shot he scored on Queen where he got Queen to lean just enough and shot the puck low glove side. 9 out of 10 times Queen probably stops that.

Elias was robbed. I'm not even sure McScrub even stopped him more then it hit him.

Kovalchuk was poor shot selection. It reminded me of the same shot he scored on Queen where he got Queen to lean just enough and shot the puck low glove side. 9 out of 10 times Queen probably stops that.

He's been on a roll creasing the puck between the glove and the pad. didn't happen this time. I don't even think it was really that much of an active save. it kinda hit him while he was flailing.

oh well, they still have 3 more to give, if it ends up being more than 88 it was kind of hard to believe it would happen in the first place.

Guys, we will get back on the winnin' wagon tomorrow. Wear your jersies out tomorrow, represent our fantastic club, and smile a lot. This is a once in a lifetime ride and next year we will have clinched by now and believe it or not it won't be as exciting as it is now.

Keep the faith, believe, and have a beer, it's St. Pat's after all. :)

Let's go DEVILS!!!!!!!!!!!!

The thing that really sucks about this is that if we're 2-4 points out of a playoff spot at the end of the season, which is very possible, these are the 2 losses that will come back to haunt us.

How about the 900 losses they had in the first half of the season? The first one was bad, becaue they were two minutes from having at least a point. this game, they just lost. it happens.

nothing, NOTHING that happens in the second half of the season cost them anything. after this they're 23-4-2.

are they going to win every freaking game they play!?

The thing that really sucks about this is that if we're 2-4 points out of a playoff spot at the end of the season, which is very possible, these are the 2 losses that will come back to haunt us.

On one hand, yeah....we should've gotten those 4 pts.

On the other hand, any of the numerous first half losses will come back to haunt us

Obviously they had their minds in tomorrows game since yesterday so....better come through

How about the 900 losses they had in the first half of the season? The first one was bad, becaue they were two minutes from having at least a point. this game, they just lost. it happens.

nothing, NOTHING that happens in the second half of the season cost them anything. after this they're 23-4-2.

are they going to win every freaking game they play!?

I'm not arguing that the first half of the season was abysmal. After making a turn around like they did and beating almost everybody, losing twice to the worst team in the league in a little over a week is inexcusable. I'll give them a little bit of a slide on tonight, because they had the chances and were clearly a better team, but the last loss was all on them.

Edited by JustinZ

did I miss something? winning two rounds and blowing a 3-0 lead is Cup contention? we must have been cup contenders in 05-07 then?

Lol I meant to say almost a Cup contender. But overall they've been better than us since he took over, even with that 3-0 debacle.

I knew Julien wasn't offensive minded but how could you fire someone a couple of weeks before the playoffs when you're 2nd in the conference and not far from tops in the league?

Lol I meant to say almost a Cup contender. But overall they've been better than us since he took over, even with that 3-0 debacle.

I knew Julien wasn't offensive minded but how could you fire someone a couple of weeks before the playoffs when you're 2nd in the conference and not far from tops in the league?

they had better first round matchups than us. they lost to the same team we lost to both seasons

thats all it took too and 10 games would have been HUGE. Im pretty sure NOBODY fires their coach 3-4 games before the playoffs when they are 2nd in the conference too? lol

Yeah well Lou did it twice and hit on the first one so you can't really blame him for trying the second time :P Still it wasn't like that team was going anywhere regardless, they barely beat a bad Tampa team with Brodeur letting in baloons from the boards.

I still find it hilarious people are complaining about calls when we had more power plays than the Sens tonight. This wasn't even in the top ten this season of one-sided reffing, heck they missed calls on us too...they were just bad, period.

Let's see them win something this season...all Boston's done so far is what we did the first couple years after the lockout. Another playoff failure this year and he's either fired or on a short leash next season.

And Lou fired Julien to clear the way for Sutter, he didn't think Lemaire and MacLean would be his coaches the last two years :lol:

Edited by NJDevs4978