GDT: NEW JERSEY DEVILS @ BOSTON BRUINS (7PM ET)

Tedenby21

As tough as the past few games have been, and I write this as I feel like I'm about to be sick, I'm still damn proud of this team to even get back into playoff consideration. They may not be mathematically eliminated but they might as well be. Still I'm going to be watching intently and cheering them all the way to the end no matter what. They could have given up months ago and didn't and I truly appreciate that. Thank you Devils!

Edited by thefiestygoat

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wtf...minutes away from going 0 for 4 in favorable results too.

What the fvck did we do to piss the hockey gods so much....aaaaaaaaaaghhhhhhh

This is second to last nail to me. I have hope that 90 is enough and winning out gets us there....but it sure is fvcking depressing

Edited by cubanjd305

I will be 100% realistic here. Based on Canes and Sabres sched, Devils will need to go 8-0-0 to have about a 35% chance of making it. Not likely, but I am not giving up until they are mathematically out. Lets go Devils!

On to the next one Friday and then Saturday. They looked like they lost it after the first goal. They need to get "it" back...

If we win ALL the games, and the other teams loss some (most) we can still make it :)

Thank you! Finally someone who gets it. Our chances took a shot, yes, but we aren't done yet. LGD!

I know this year was kind of a letdown, but looking ahead, I like where this team is going. The kids will continue to improve, and hopefully we can find a good solid back stop to "replace" Marty. I think it'll still be a few more years before we become a true SC contender again. But I definitely will enjoy watching New Jersey Devils hockey for the nest few seasons.

...this team tore things up for the second half of the year. I'll be damn happy if next year's team plays half as well as this one for the entire year.

I think we'll be back in the playoffs next year, but the kids won't be fully polished by then. Yayo and Tedenby still need some developing. We have a deep prospect pool despite still being the 20th ranked prospect pool by HF. We should get a nice draft pick this year though. Lou simply won't let this team become perennial cellar dwellers as long as he's in charge.

...this team tore things up for the second half of the year. I'll be damn happy if next year's team plays half as well as this one for the entire year.

Yeah really, it's not like we've been dominated in any game for a long time. I didn't see this game at all but it seems like it was closer than the final score would indicate. When's the last time we really were out of a game halfway through it, New Year's Day in Carolina? And all this without our best player.

And let's face it, we ran into a good Boston team way overdue for a win.

Edited by NJDevs4978

None of these recent losses have been blowouts or mismatches. They happen. We just had no room for error in 2011. Mix that with every other result not going our way tonight or recently, and it was not meant to happen. I am proud of the team going for it. I realize we still have a shot, but I certainly am not going in expecting them to get the W like I have recently.

It hurts to see them lose some games they deserved more from, but it happens. It just so happens that under these circumstances, the losses hurt that much more.