Vasyunov may return to KHL

msweet

Not really a place for him in this organization anyway so...

There isn't any room in most organizations for underachieving non-scoring "snipers". Not to be too harsh on him, but everything I've read about him on HF and anywhere else describes him as a sharp shooting "pure" goal scorer, yet his goal totals in the AHL have never climbed to a respectable level. I don't know if it's a problem with his consistency/work effort, or a lack of a good enough playmaker to set him up, or if he's just a guy that never fully converted to the NA game. Whatever it is, it's not a huge loss for the organization if he leaves.

I would be dissapointed, i would like to see him stick it out one more year before returning to the KHL, he really could do with playing with some tallented players .

He did play on some bad AHL teams and I could see him having the potential to have success if he played with talented players. However I guess he's a victim of his own ability to not step up into creating/finishing his own opportunities on the ice and the numbers game with the depth the Devils have. Wherever he ends up I wish him the best.

He did play on some bad AHL teams and I could see him having the potential to have success if he played with talented players. However I guess he's a victim of his own ability to not step up into creating/finishing his own opportunities on the ice and the numbers game with the depth the Devils have. Wherever he ends up I wish him the best.

IIRC, he played with Kovy and zajac for awhile

I can't really feel upset about this. Vasyunov will probably grow just as much as a player in the KHL as he would have in the AHL next season. I'd rather he be in the AHL, in case the Devils need to call him up this year, but it probably won't be a big deal either way. He can come back in the future if he keeps improving.

I can't really feel upset about this. Vasyunov will probably grow just as much as a player in the KHL as he would have in the AHL next season. I'd rather he be in the AHL, in case the Devils need to call him up this year, but it probably won't be a big deal either way. He can come back in the future if he keeps improving.

According to TG the other day Lou was not aware of his desire to play in the KHL next season, and again according to TG today Vasuynov called Lokomotive himself to ask to come back.

Can't see Lou being to impressed with that, i think he has pretty much written off his chances of coming back.

I really need to update my Signature now........

According to TG the other day Lou was not aware of his desire to play in the KHL next season, and again according to TG today Vasuynov called Lokomotive himself to ask to come back.

Can't see Lou being to impressed with that, i think he has pretty much written off his chances of coming back.

Yeah I mean how were they ever lethal?

If a year or two from now the Devils think Vas could be a positive contributor on the team and he'd be open to coming back to get a look for an NHL spot then that would happen. The Devils aren't going to not make the team better at some future date because Vasyunov chose to play in the KHL now.

If a year or two from now the Devils think Vas could be a positive contributor on the team and he'd be open to coming back to get a look for an NHL spot then that would happen. The Devils aren't going to not make the team better at some future date because Vasyunov chose to play in the KHL now.

Really? This seems like the sort of thing that would rub Lou up the wrong way and he wouldn't be pleased about.

He likes players who do things the right way, and carrying things out in the right manner, and i wouldn't of thought that this would have been the way he would have liked this situation handled.

I wouldn't rule it out completley, but IMO it makes it much less likely.