Jaromir Jagr joins Joe and Evan at 12:30PM ET

gardenstatepkwy

Thank God he's on with Joe and Evan and not with Fatso.  Mike probably would've stammered his way through questions about Jagr's Ranger days, then asked Jagr what it was like to win the Cup with da nine-dee fawr Rangurz.  It would've just gotten more painful from there. 

Thank God he's on with Joe and Evan and not with Fatso. Mike probably would've stammered his way through questions about Jagr's Ranger days, then asked Jagr what it was like to win the Cup with da nine-dee fawr Rangurz. It would've just gotten more painful from there.

meh, it's probably a lose-lose. Joe and Evan know next to nothing about hockey so idk how high quality or insightful their questions will be. Mike for as much as he hates hockey, is arrogant and talks more than his guests asks interesting questions and at least has a passing knowledge of the game.

Overall I just want to hear some funny quotes cuz you know no matter who's interviewing him jagrs gonna give you that lately.

Thank God he's on with Joe and Evan and not with Fatso.  Mike probably would've stammered his way through questions about Jagr's Ranger days, then asked Jagr what it was like to win the Cup with da nine-dee fawr Rangurz.  It would've just gotten more painful from there. 

"So Jaromir, what was it like playing with the great Mark Messier and how did he influence your career?"

"Um... well I guess those 31 games were good?"

If only he could learn how to say "NO" at places like fast-food drive-ins, pizzerias, ice cream parlors, and buffet tables.  Blew out a knee due to being such a fatass, can barely speak in complete sentences without repeating phrases within, but he's going to condescend to the people dumb enough to call in to him...the ones that help to keep him employed.  a$$hole. 

If only he could learn how to say "NO" at places like fast-food drive-ins, pizzerias, ice cream parlors, and buffet tables. Blew out a knee due to being such a fatass, can barely speak in complete sentences without repeating phrases within, but he's going to condescend to the people dumb enough to call in to him...the ones that help to keep him employed. a$$hole.

hey...hey... hey...wait a secuhnd! wait a secuhnd! Wait a secuhnd! At least he drinks diet coke!

Mike literally takes the same calls about Cano's contract, Incognito, and the Yankees for 5 hours straight.

You would think this guy would take this time of year to learn the bare minimum about hockey and talk about it, even a little bit.

he knows what gets ratings in New York. If there was demand and more people called in about hockey he would start talking hockey. But he's right that compared to football and baseball his listeners don't care about hockey.

Mike literally takes the same calls about Cano's contract, Incognito, and the Yankees for 5 hours straight.

You would think this guy would take this time of year to learn the bare minimum about hockey and talk about it, even a little bit.

This. He talks more about baseball during their offseason than he does hockey during their season (now).

I really want to run an experiment where you bet against every prediction me makes on every game for a year.  I really wonder what the outcome would be.  My hypothesis is that you would come out ahead.

You'd think that having a varied show would keep people around but no. Its because I doubt people listen to him for more then half an hour because that's how long the drive home is. That and old farts in Florida who watch on Yes and only care about Football, baseball and horse racing. I do like when he gets on how long people wait on line to prank call them and berates them for having nothing better to do. Yeah because waiting an hour to make the same point about Mantle... again is a better use of it

Edited by roomtemp

I remember hearing a pretty funny Fatso prank several years ago...it had a well-placed Stripes (1980 movie starring Bill Murray and Harold Ramis) reference.

This was just after Tony Romo had taken over for Drew Bledsoe as the Dallas Cowboys' starting QB...a caller claimed that there had been an ugly scene in the Dallas clubhouse between Romo's and Bledsoe's families, and began telling his story to Mike, who was completely entranced...Fatso was buying in completely.  The caller finished with, "Apparently Bledsoe's dad was so ticked off, he finally snapped and said 'Any of you friggin' ROMOS touch me, and I'll kill ya!" 

I still don't think Idiot ever realized he was pranked...after the call was over he kept saying things like "Wow, I didn't realize that was going on...I mean, families going at it in the clubhouse..."

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976