Boston trades D Ward to Carolina for RW Eaves

Triumph

I wouldnt mind picking up Eaves

Eaves is +13 in 242 games.. thats a positive.

Eaves could serve as the extra foward for Shanny/PL3 when they cant play instead of cutting a Halischuk/Zharkov ice time and just putting them in Lowell.

more of jim rutherford's sentimentality. he's now re-acquired matt cullen and aaron ward.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=285581

He picked up Ward because he is the dependable type D that can bring you a championship with the little things he does. Very, very smart player. The B's will miss him.

Good move for the Canes as Eaves was a stiff.

After what happened in the playoffs last year with the punch, Ward and Walker are gonna have to hug it out.

it should be noted that the 'canes are very close to being over the salary cap. basically, anton babchuk is gone.

Maybe they find some clever way to get rid of Brind'amour without destroying his legacy with the organization.

wow, i am shocked that according to NHLSCAP.com, rod brind'amour doesn't have a no-trade clause. his contract does fall under the over 35 clause, though. he might be desirable to someone looking to save a little coin - something like brind'amour for halpern or something.

also since eaves is under 26, to buy out his contract only costs 1/3rd of its remaining $, not 2/3rds.

it should be noted that the 'canes are very close to being over the salary cap. basically, anton babchuk is gone.

This is what I love about this list. Most fans never think about the cap stuff.

After what happened in the playoffs last year with the punch, Ward and Walker are gonna have to hug it out.

Maybe they find some clever way to get rid of Brind'amour without destroying his legacy with the organization.

Hey Rod, Have you thought about coaching? Perhaps a "Designated Face-Off Position"? :lol:

lhiobiatch.jpg

Edited by MadDog2020

Boston signed Derek Morris, I think - or is about to according to a Rangers blog that Derek posted on BoNY. So I suppose that's why they dumped Ward for next to nothing and got rid of Eaves, in essence it'd become a Ward for Morris and a fourth rounder trade.

Edited by Hasan4978

Boston signed Derek Morris, I think - or is about to according to a Rangers blog that Derek posted on BoNY. So I suppose that's why they dumped Ward for next to nothing and got rid of Eaves, in essence it'd become a Ward for Morris and a fourth rounder trade.

Both are ex rangers. I'm not sure who i'd rather have if I was the bruins.

• 2 weeks later...