Tough Day For Langs?

95Crash

Chere's Article

TG's Blog

From TG:

As they discussed their one-ice battles while undressing across the room from each other, the words got a little more heated.

Langenbrunner pointed out to White, "Well, I know you don't fight anymore."

"Yeah, but I'd fight you," White responded, laughing. "And I wouldn't just grab on like Zubie did."

Eesh. Hopefully TG didn't build up a rift between himself and Langenbrunner... sometimes what goes on in the locker room should *stay* in the locker room.

Are you a moron, or do you just play one on NJDevs?

Edit.

NVM, I just realized you are 17, not much use in responding.

Edited by Elias26

I was wondering how long it would take for this nonsense to show up here, I've been seeing it on HF all day. Fact is even TG doesn't know what Langs' mood was and he's the only one of us that was there so it's an exercise in futility for us to guess whether Langs was a jerk to Whitey (and vice-versa), TG, both or was just showing dry sarcasm and wasn't mad at anyone at all.

But the 'stupid question' comment was prompted by TG himself, who said he had to ask an obligatory stupid question and was cut off at that point. He was speculating and editorializing, you can do that when you're a reporter. The difference between TG and (N)Єverson is TG admits that he's speculating and wasn't entirely sure.

Edited by Hasan4978

Spoken like a true captain...

...should just leave that C on Shanys jersey IMO.

I just don't get this, what exactly do some on this board think Langs owes them?

Right, finally someone bears the weight of that stupid letter after 2 years - lets quickly go crush another player's psyche by moving the letter.

...and who wears the "C" for the 50% of games Shanny doesn't play?

The guy gets knee surgey, battles back in a week to hit the playoffs, puts up a career year, multiple game winners in multiple games, still not enough for some on this board.

You know what kids, the Stevens glory days are over...this is the next generation..... put away the nostalgia live with it.

"I'm not going to answer any of your dumb questions," Langenbrunner said before disappearing from the room. No doubt, Langenbrunner anticipated questions regarding Brendan Shanahan wearing the 'C in Wednesday night's preseason game against the New York Rangers.

...not really sure what this is all about. :noclue: Shanny wore the 'C because it was a preseason game that Lang's didn't play. Period! Is Chere trying to imply that Jamie feels threatened by something as trivial as this, and based off a preseason game (in which Patrick Elias, Colin White, and Jamie Langenbrunner didn't play) Shanny will steal away his 'C ? Don't get me wrong, with Madden & Gio gone, I fully expect Shanny to wear the 'A... but Jamie's the Captain on this team. A preseason game aint gonna change that, DESPITE the fact of a new coach. This team's already had 4 Captains since 2004... we're not going to make it 5. The Devils need stability, and that means leaving the 'C with Langs. Bad enough we've had 7 different head coaches since 2002. Sounds like Jamie just had a bad day.

...not really sure what this is all about. :noclue: Shanny wore the 'C because it was a preseason game that Lang's didn't play. Period! Is Chere trying to imply that Jamie feels threatened by something as trivial as this, and based off a preseason game (in which Patrick Elias, Colin White, and Jamie Langenbrunner didn't play) Shanny will steal away his 'C ? Don't get me wrong, with Madden & Gio gone, I fully expect Shanny to wear the 'A... but Jamie's the Captain on this team. A preseason game aint gonna change that, DESPITE the fact of a new coach. This team's already had 4 Captains since 2004... we're not going to make it 5. The Devils need stability, and that means leaving the 'C with Langs. Bad enough we've had 7 different head coaches since 2002. Sounds like Jamie just had a bad day.

this exactly!

the three you mentioned not playing will much more than likely take all 3 letter for this team the only question mark being the second A whether that goes to white, Martin, Shanny, Parise that is for Lemaire to choose, but the captain and first A will be without any shadow of a doubt langs and Elias respectively.

At this rate I am fully expecting to see "dumb questions" brought about by Elias' A being on someone while he is out for the first few of the season.

Well... I enjoy hearing this stuff because it give you insight to how the guys communicate and stuff. Yeah sure it provides fodder for the I wish Elias was captain posters -- but we know what they're all about - and no need to rub their nose in it - they just enjoy seizing on chances to insinuate or outright state Elias should be captain. :noclue:

It's all very interesting, Jamie's defensiveness is interesting. But it's a little too self involved and petty. You have to compare his defensive nature to Stevens's and figure out how to focus it - direct it properly. You can see what it is Lou sees...

I dont know -- I see these bits of information as things to consider when thinking about what the team needs to take that additional step it needs to take to return to winning form.

In-fighting is just nonsense. It's not there. Frustration can be motivating as much as divisive so....

To make use of this stuff you have to rid yourself of personal judgement. There's no place for it if you're a fan of the TEAM. If you're the fan of a player that's a different story. :noclue: