DEVILS SUPPORTERS SECTION - August 16th - come name the section and p

Satans Hockey

And so continues the perpetuation that you aren't a true fan unless you have a little under a grand to throw into tickets...

Damn. I was looking forward to going next year. Sadly, I'm with UnderDogX. I just don't have that kind of money to shell out. Oh well. It was awesome while it lasted. :(

Silly move on the part of the Devils and with that announcement on the website that does invite people who are just looking for cheap tickets.

They should also make like 50 or so tickets avaialble for individual games as well. Should make them will-call only so people who are looking to resell them cannot do it.

Hey guys, I bought two sets of season tix in the supporters section. There is no way I can make all the games and any rabid supporter cheering loud fans that would like first crack at the games at cost are welcome to it. I'll post the games I can't make on the boards here. Face value of 22 bucks per ticket is all I'll ask for. I have a few friends that are grabbing some tix too, about 10 games. I'll be attending about 20 games which leaves about 14 games up for grabs. When the schedule comes out I'll post here.

Scoops

I contacted a representative and he told me that they are going to see what their inventory looks like after "a few months" and then they will discuss offering single game purchases and partial season plans. He mentioned that they want fans who can't make every game to split the season tickets with other fans via some network they are going to try to set up.

And so continues the perpetuation that you aren't a true fan unless you have a little under a grand to throw into tickets...

I'm trying to get them to keep at least 1 row open so we can get new people to experience it and help further the growth of it.

and a btw sorry I haven't been online much lately but I finally got my internet fixed.

Edited by Satans Hockey

The Supporter Section should be an ENTIRE section from the first row up. Let full STHs get the low # rows via priority and work the way up for partials and other plans. Allow the last few rows for singles.

The staff really makes things as difficult as possible.

It sucks that the Devils ticket people aren't selling indivdual tickets for the Supporters Section, but I can actually see their point; last season when the Devils Supporters met at games, some, say "non Devils fans" simply took advantage of the cheap (or at times free) tickets, which really hurt what the Supporters Section was trying to achieve. So really, the ones who showed up to games in Rangers and Flyers jerseys and talked sh!t all game are the ones who we can thank for that.

Hell, I and a few other friends noticed it a lot. Obviously there were mostly Devils fans, but there were also Rangers, Flyers and quiet as mice Devils fans in the 122 seats as well. I actually had the misfortune of sitting next to an entire FAMILY of "anything but Devils fans" (as the one douchebag among them put it) who were talking sh!t the whole game. Considering we get so many Ranger and Flyer fans at our games as it is, I don't blame the Devils ticket sales people for making the seats available only to people who purchased season tickets. It prevents the "anything but Devils fans" of the world from taking advantage of the cheap seats since they probably don't want to be considered Devils season ticket holders. And since the quiet Devils fans probably don't want to spend money on season tickets for a section that's going to be loud all game, they probably won't make the investment either.

I don't think that this si stupid or will invite people looking for cheap seats. If anything it's a warning -- don't go buying here unless you're ready for a LOT of pro-team disturbance.

I dont understand why anyone is upset. It's as if you're looking to be shafted. :noclue: So should the team just block off the area and hope that supporters will show up and fill it? Should they just take names and reserve unpaid seats for all who sign up in case they want to show up for a game? I don't mean to be a contrarian -- I am the first to be the disgruntled customer but you guys have been --:noclue: what do you WANT even?

I don't think that this si stupid or will invite people looking for cheap seats. If anything it's a warning -- don't go buying here unless you're ready for a LOT of pro-team disturbance.

I dont understand why anyone is upset. It's as if you're looking to be shafted. :noclue: So should the team just block off the area and hope that supporters will show up and fill it? Should they just take names and reserve unpaid seats for all who sign up in case they want to show up for a game? I don't mean to be a contrarian -- I am the first to be the disgruntled customer but you guys have been --:noclue: what do you WANT even?

Selling them as season tickets doesn't guarantee a sold out section though, nor does it even guarantee the seats will actually be filled come game day. How many lower level seats are season ticket sales? And how many of those seats are actually filled on game day? If every season ticket seat was filled then the Devils wouldn't be at the but of every attendance joke every year anyway. But what it does guarantee is that the average fan who can't drop a grand per bundle (times however many family members they have that would want to go...in my case 4 total) won't get to take advantage of it unless they can find someone who has already dropped said grand.

All it truly guarantees is that the Devils get their money up front.

Its a business I get that part...they need to sell tickets and i'm not mad about it, I've said before that section wasn't my cup of tea but I hate that it pushes the idea that to be a true fan you are willing and able to drop a thousand bucks on a set of tickets.

Selling them as season tickets doesn't guarantee a sold out section though, nor does it even guarantee the seats will actually be filled come game day. How many lower level seats are season ticket sales? And how many of those seats are actually filled on game day? If every season ticket seat was filled then the Devils wouldn't be at the but of every attendance joke every year anyway. But what it does guarantee is that the average fan who can't drop a grand per bundle (times however many family members they have that would want to go...in my case 4 total) won't get to take advantage of it unless they can find someone who has already dropped said grand.

Its a business I get that part...they need to sell tickets and i'm not mad about it, I've said before that section wasn't my cup of tea but I hate that it pushes the idea that to be a true fan you are willing and able to drop a thousand bucks on a set of tickets.

By saying they are 'only' selling them as season tickets, it pressures people to buy them. Then, in a couple of months when they say they are 'only' selling them as season tickets or partials, it pressures people to buy partials or season tickets. Then, they can just sell whatever's left as single game seats, claiming it was because of demand. Either way, they will have their money for those seats and between season tix, partial plans, and individual ticket sales there will be a decent amount of people in the section most nights.

As Dan posted above and as you seem to understand -- it's just about getting hard numbers to work with.

I have absolutely no idea why you think it reflects poorly on you as a fan if you cannot be a season subscriber. I think that's the purchasers insecurities not the seller's labling of NON-buyers. it's just ridiculous. But you know -- sometimes I need to be irate about something. I get honked off about cable all the time - mostly because it's a dishonest business with price fixing in my opinion. But you all dictate the success of that business model -- so really I am irate with all cable customers who put up with this sh!t - myself included.

I am not irate at season ticket holders. I would love to be one, but I can't afford to commit that much cash in advance. I'll still get to as many games as i CHOOSE to get to. This just doesn't impact anyone - if anything, our NOT subscribing effects the subscriber's end product. The Devils can only count on so much revenue so the product may suffer - us walk-ups get what we pay for and the subscriber may lose a little on his investment -- so :noclue: don't subscribe next year.

This is just silly - I have no shame in not having the desire to guarantee I get to sit my ass in a seat for 42 games next year. That reasoning sounds as if you're ashamed at not being a season ticket holder. You seriously feel the Devils are trying to SHAME you into buying tickets? :wacko: this is just goofy

Without a doubt I'd love to be a season ticket holder if I had the money for them. I'm not mad at the Devils for pushing season tickets regardless of how they push them. I don't feel they are trying to shame, guilt, or bully me into purchasing anything so I'm not sure where that is coming from, especially since I said the supporters section wasn't really for me with my family coming along anyway. But the point is the section last year was growing and being billed as a section where really truly screaming, jumping, standing, cheering fans could get some cheaper tickets all in one section...now its that but only if you can shell out a thousand buckaroos...in my opinion, its a lame thing to do...but its still their right to do it.

Without a doubt I'd love to be a season ticket holder if I had the money for them. I'm not mad at the Devils for pushing season tickets regardless of how they push them. I don't feel they are trying to shame, guilt, or bully me into purchasing anything so I'm not sure where that is coming from, especially since I said the supporters section wasn't really for me with my family coming along anyway.

:rolleyes:

Ahh... yeah -- I didn't think YOU personally felt bullied... I just thought you meant THIS:

But the point is the section last year was growing and being billed as a section where really truly screaming, jumping, standing, cheering fans could get some cheaper tickets all in one section...now its that but only if you can shell out a thousand buckaroos...in my opinion, its a lame thing to do...but its still their right to do it.

The section is advertised as such to DISCOURAGE people like you, with family who don't want to sit in that section- to select seats in that section. As Dan wrote - the section will be available to everyone else as well... if it sells out to subscribers, well then it's a bunch of screaming supportive fans who are getting a deal and guaranteeing their seats in advance. How the hell do these poor guys with no money come up with hundreds for official sweaters? I think poor folks who want to can share plans even. If not then the seats are still reserved for supporters who can afford partials -- and then if they're STILL not sold out they're reserved for one-off supporter section buyers.

You know -- if you want to get your panties in a bunch - fine. I just don't think you need to in this particular circumstance :noclue:

I'm not so sure why you are hellbent on pointing to a fact that isn't there, I'm not upset at all about it since...again, I pointed out the section isn't for me. But...again, that wasn't the point of my initial statement, or rather, my opinion...that I stated...on a message board. They made a normally higher priced product more easily accessible to the public by bringing the price down by a decent margin and then a year later make that product less accessible to that same base by making it, while still discounted, only purchasable (for the time being) in bulk at a larger overall price. Sure there are ways around it. You can wait to see if they start selling them in singles, or partials...split between a larger group, or even get tickets off of a season ticket holder, but that is no different than scouring the internet for deals and promo codes for tickets...the Devils are still taking away the accessibility of getting the tickets...which, again only in my opinion, is sucky.

It is frustrating for the people that can't afford these season tickets because the only way we can participate is to either buy the season tickets and hope we can sell some to make back face value, or to buy tickets from someone selling their season tickets. Both of these are options stink because selling your own season tickets can be a hassle and there's no guarantee you will get back a good portion of the money you spent on the unused tickets, and if you're looking to buy from season ticket holders it could be difficult to find tickets in the supporters section. It would be much more convenient if they offered a partial ticket plan or individual tickets, but according to the rep I talked to today, there are no plans of doing that and they are making it season ticket holders only. Maybe they are bluffing to try to get as many people to buy season tickets first, but it doesn't look like that will be the case.

Of course I don't expect them to close off the entire section and hope people buy the tickets, but something like leaving one row available for individual purchase I don't think is too much to ask for. That would also allow for the section to attract more participants and grow the section. Also, we didn't want this to be a closed group, we wanted it to be welcoming to anyone who wanted to participate, and that's not going to be the case now.

Without a doubt I'd love to be a season ticket holder if I had the money for them. I'm not mad at the Devils for pushing season tickets regardless of how they push them. I don't feel they are trying to shame, guilt, or bully me into purchasing anything so I'm not sure where that is coming from, especially since I said the supporters section wasn't really for me with my family coming along anyway. But the point is the section last year was growing and being billed as a section where really truly screaming, jumping, standing, cheering fans could get some cheaper tickets all in one section...now its that but only if you can shell out a thousand buckaroos...in my opinion, its a lame thing to do...but its still their right to do it.

While it sucks, I think it had to be done, in my opinion; when the Supporters Section first started up, people who weren't Devils fans got their hands on the cheap tickets and kind of slowed down what the Supporters Section was trying to achieve. Like I said, you can pretty much blame the Ranger, Flyer and other teams fans for that. Requiring fans to become season ticket holders in that section eliminates those non-Devils fans in that section for the fact that they don't want to have to purchase season tickets for a team they don't even like. Hell, when free tickets were being given out to the Supporters and the Vikings Army, rival fans who got wind of it managed to get their hands on tickets and went to the game hoping only to see the Devils lose.

Also, the ones purchasing STs in that section know what the section is about and they'll want to bring the noise to as many games as possible.

Again I know it sucks. But who knows, maybe they won't manage to sell out the whole section by the time next season starts and they'll HAVE to sell some seats individually.

But the point is the section last year was growing and being billed as a section where really truly screaming, jumping, standing, cheering fans could get some cheaper tickets all in one section...now its that but only if you can shell out a thousand buckaroos...in my opinion, its a lame thing to do...but its still their right to do it.

Well the problem with that is like the previous poster said, the tickets weren't only going to the standing and cheering fans once the section got a bit bigger and more publicity on the internet. If you only sell invidivual tickets, how are you going to prevent other team's fans from getting their hands on the biggest games? Or our fans for selling marquee games at a profit?

At least the season tickets are building a base of fans committed to the section before you start with gameday stuff, and if you notice they're already starting to sell quasi-partials (advertising either full seasons or 'pairing' you up to split tickets with another buyer).

Well the problem with that is like the previous poster said, the tickets weren't only going to the standing and cheering fans once the section got a bit bigger and more publicity on the internet. If you only sell invidivual tickets, how are you going to prevent other team's fans from getting their hands on the biggest games? Or our fans for selling marquee games at a profit?

At least the season tickets are building a base of fans committed to the section before you start with gameday stuff, and if you notice they're already starting to sell quasi-partials (advertising either full seasons or 'pairing' you up to split tickets with another buyer).

That is one thing I will agree with...that is something it definitely does. You'll still have the stragglers who bought the extra tickets floating around on stubhub or whatever but yeah you've got a point there.

but something like leaving one row available for individual purchase I don't think is too much to ask for. That would also allow for the section to attract more participants and grow the section. Also, we didn't want this to be a closed group, we wanted it to be welcoming to anyone who wanted to participate, and that's not going to be the case now.

The one row is what I'm trying to get them to keep open because even I'm not sure about getting full season tickets this year myself cause money is tight right now and I won't be able to make a good amount of games. I'm going to keep pushing the idea of keeping one row open for at least 5 game plans because its important to the growth of the section if this thing is going to succeed in a long term basis and at least with a 5 game plan that will keep other teams fans out still as well.

Edited by Satans Hockey

The one row is what I'm trying to get them to keep open because even I'm not sure about getting full season tickets this year myself cause money is tight right now and I won't be able to make a good amount of games. I'm going to keep pushing the idea of keeping one row open for at least 5 game plans because its important to the growth of the section if this thing is going to succeed in a long term basis and at least with a 5 game plan that will keep other teams fans out still as well.

Yea when I was on the phone with my ticket rep today I told him that even the guy who started the whole thing might not even be able to do the season tickets and he agreed with me about that being a shame. I agree with NJDevs4978 that making the whole thing individual tickets probably wouldn't be a good idea either, but your idea of having one row open is a good idea, and making it 5-game plans is an even better idea. I would definitely get two of those and probably 1-3 of my friends as well.

I could swing a 5 game partial plan if it was offered. There is just no way I can do full season tickets nor would I feel comfortable being paired up with someone that I don't even know. I understand the precautions the Devils are taking with this, I just hope it doesn't end up killing what started as a real fun thing to do.