FOOOOORREE! Says the Rangers

DevilMinder

• Replies 754
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the end, Cablevision is a business and they're going to always act like one. With all of their branches (the Wiz, Optimum Online, Knicks, Rangers, MSG, and of course, the Cable company itself) you can see how they draw as much money from every end user as possible.

But the real problem is that this company is run by a family that lets its emotions cloud what would be better business decisions in the end. They alienate customers with bundling packages with their online and cable services. The YES mess has created a firestorm all because Steinbrenner called their bluff when they told him to go make his own cable company if he wasn't happy with their deal. They then act like the worst fans when they eschew the need to rebuild for a better, longer, more consistent future and sign has-been players.

Jerome is running the ship over there.

SI had an article on the Rangers this week; required reading for all Rangers haters :lol:

Some of the highlights:

"Eight days after saying Trottier was doing a good job, Sather fired him and became coach"

"In '95 the Oilers chose center Steve Kelly (a familar name to Devils fans...lol) with the sixth pick, passing over wing Shane Doan, an Albertan playing in the Western Hockey league who was taken seventh, and wing Jarome Iginla, an Edmontonian who went at #11. Kelly became a journeyman, while Doan is a blossoming star with Phoenix and Iginla was the NHL's MVP runner-up last season"

"Sather's trading record is also spotty marred by deals such as the 1997 one in which he sent future All-Star wing Miroslav Satan to the Buffalo Sabres for two players who appeared in a combined 16 NHL games following the trade"

"Holik, a unique center whose forte is shutting down opposing centers, reported to training camp with an alarming 14% body fat and wound up missing 18 games early in the season with an injured hip flexor"

"When Cablevision bought the two teams (Rangers/Knicks) in 1997, the vision of CEO James Dolan was to make them the pillars of a company in which each holding - from the retail electronics chain The Wiz to Clearview Cinemas to Madison Square Garden - enhanced the value of the others. It was to be a synergestic emprire for the new millenium.

So far, so bad."

Hmm, Holik showed up to camp in bad shape?

Were there any Godiva chocolates in that gift package sent to him by Sather and company?

It sounds like Holik has gotten back into game shape; he's been putting in killer workouts on his mouth, pushing it to the limit..

I took a tile off to early. I did the math, the Rangers can go 17-8 and still get the 85 point magic number.

Don't sweat it. I don't think 85 points will qualify.

Think 88-90.

We've got the OT loss now, generating points.

7 Games left, winless under the new coach Sathers. Can there be any doubt this ship is full steam ahead towards the iceberg up ahead! It's reported that Holik has tried to take the helm from Sather because he doesn't know anything!

So now you're counting OTL and ties as losses too? Since the picture was posted, the Rangers have gone 0-3-1-1.

So now you're counting OTL and ties as losses too? Since the picture was posted, the Rangers have gone 0-3-1-1.

I dont think it matters C. No matter what happens to that pic, the Rangers will not be playing any post season games this year. Hell, I vote we reveal thew pic right now! :evil:

stupid question, are you the C from :puke: Flyersphans.com and

the:puke: Cafe? I figger there cant be many poeple going by the name C on the area hockey boards? ha ha ha :evil::evil::evil:

Being that your all having so much fun with this I hate to break the news to you guys, but right now the Islanders and Tampa (teams that are in positions 7 and 8) are both projected to get 85 points. That's mid 80's not upper 80's. Might have to put a square back on...

17-8 and good play vs the Islanders might do it.

Being that your all having so much fun with this I hate to break the news to you guys, but right now the Islanders and Tampa (teams that are in positions 7 and 8) are both projected to get 85 points. That's mid 80's not upper 80's. Might have to put a square back on...

17-8 and good play vs the Islanders might do it.

please refer to my previous post LOL

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.