World Cup 2010

redruM

Looking foward to Spain, they will liven things up.

But someone else did say it already, the first round is abut survivng, and the first games are about not losing.

I expect as the teams start to play their 2nd games we will see some bett Futbol.

The World Cup has been very entertaining thus far and should only get better. I get to read the sports page this summer!

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just noticed that Portugal was ranked 3 in the FIFA ranking. How in the hell did they get there? I don’t recall them even getting close to winning any tournament.

Not to mention they had to go to a playoff just to qualify for the World Cup and they didn't get very far in EURO 2008 (either final eight or lost in the group stage).

If Spain doesn't win their group, we could see Brazil Spain in the first playoff round, intriguing!

I hope Spain can turn it around because I would rather have them finish first and beat Portugal in the second round. Can't stand those guys.

And now the Germans go down!

Unless they want to pin their future on Australia, and nobody wants to be there, they really are going to have to beat Ghana.

FVCK! Tough red card against Klose and a missed penalty by Podolski, just not the German’s day. This is the kind of game where Ballack is missed as a leader.

Phew! What a fortunate turn of events and comeback in the second half.

What are their chances if they can somehow manage a draw? If England wins this afternoon (and they will), not good, right?

Actually that's still fine for the USA. It would 4 pts. for each of England and Slovenia, with the two of them facing each other. Either someone loses and is stuck on 4, or they draw and both have 5. The US needs to beat Algeria, but we pretty much knew that already, and we should beat them, to give US 5 pts. If the three teams are tied, then the tie-breaker is whoever beat Algeria by the most, and since Slovenia is already in the clubhouse with 1, that doesn't bode well for them.

Phew! What a fortunate turn of events and comeback in the second half.

Actually that's still fine for the USA. It would 4 pts. for each of England and Slovenia, with the two of them facing each other. Either someone loses and is stuck on 4, or they draw and both have 5. The US needs to beat Algeria, but we pretty much knew that already, and we should beat them, to give US 5 pts. If the three teams are tied, then the tie-breaker is whoever beat Algeria by the most, and since Slovenia is already in the clubhouse with 1, that doesn't bode well for them.

The first tie beaker is goal difference in all matches. But it ends up amounting to what you said anyway, worst case right now we need to beat Algeria by 2 goals to guarantee a spot.

That really, really sucked. US got absolutely robbed of 3 points. If this scenario happened to a more soccer-mad nation, there would be riots happening right now.

This is such bullsh!t. As for rioting, maybe we should ask the Lakers fans to head over to South Africa.