World Cup 2010

redruM

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations to the U.S.A. Despite two big mistakes by the referees still finishing on top of this group is a real accomplishment. The quarter finals is even a real possibility as long as Germany is avoided in the next round.

Just a shame some of you actually think the FIFA is against U.S.A. Mistakes happen in football and this is only more support towards implementing instant replay reviews.

Edited by Atterr

AMERICA! FVCK YEAH!

First Round Opponent Scenarios:

-Germany - if Ghana wins and one of the following: Serbia/Aus tie, Aus loss

-Australia - if Ghana wins and Australia wins

-Ghana - if Germany and Austraila win and the Aussies can't catch Ghana's GD

-Serbia - if Germany and Serbia win and Serbia can't catch Germany's GD

Edited by Hi, I'm VALUE!

And after all the craziness. . . it's the USA and England through, exactly as a majority would have predicted.

With the USA topping the group, as it should have been long before Donovan's goal if FIFA hadn't tried to screw us yet again.

Just a shame some of you actually think the FIFA is against U.S.A. Mistakes happen in football and this is only more support towards implementing instant replay reviews.

Mistakes have happened basically every big match against us since 2002, there's too much circumstancial evidence now.

2002, the handball goal against Germany that prevented us from getting a tie in the quarterfinals

2006, the dopey red card against Italy and phantom penalty against Ghana that prevented us from getting out of the group stage

This year with two whoppers

The soccer establishment don't want to see us dominate soccer the way we dominate in just about everything else around the world. If one of these breaks went for us, all the conspiracy talk would end but all of these so-called mistakes going against us is ridiculous.

The soccer establishment don't want to see us dominate soccer the way we dominate in just about everything else around the world.

:rofl:

You're serious? Dominating soccer? Good luck with that, tell me how it went.

No seriously: I have no idea how you would accomplish that, even without being held back by the FIFA. Soccer is simply not popular enough in America to compete with Brazil, Argentina, Spain, Italy, Holland where it is the national sport. You might have the odd great result (last year's Confederation's Cup), but because of its impopularity you'll never have the proper talent to compete on a consistent basis.

Edited by Atterr

It's painfully obvious how Fifa doesn't want the USA to win. If the Americans get eliminated because of this, I say don't send a team in 2014. Boycott it and don't give them any advertising or television revenue. Screw them. They have to investigate this and make it right. Teams spend around two years going through matches and training to get ready for this only to get extremely screwed in broad daylight.

+1 Is it wrong that I was surprised when the refs didn't take away the GWG?

:rofl:

You're serious? Dominating soccer? Good luck with that, tell me how it went.

No seriously: I have no idea how you would accomplish that, even without being held back by the FIFA. Soccer is simply not popular enough in America to compete with Brazil, Argentina, Spain, Italy, Holland where it is the national sport. You might have the odd great result (last year's Confederation's Cup), but because of its impopularity you'll never have the proper talent to compete on a consistent basis.

You sound pretty ignorant. We could defintiely be a dominant ssoccer power one day. It is consistently growing more popular and every win we get in this World Cup helps our soccer program to grow. Those of us that are behind the US team, see us being up there with Brazil and Spain one day.

You sound pretty ignorant. We could defintiely be a dominant ssoccer power one day. It is consistently growing more popular and every win we get in this World Cup helps our soccer program to grow. Those of us that are behind the US team, see us being up there with Brazil and Spain one day.

It might become more popular, but it is unfortunately nothing compared to other countries. It would be great for the development of the national team if American players would play for European top teams. But since there is an abundancy of better talent to be found elsewhere (South America for example), the likelihood of this happening is slim.

Don't get me wrong: I was impressed by your domination today (albeit against Algeria). You had so many chances, you really should have buried at least one. And even the FIFA couldn't have done a damn thing about that...

Edited by Atterr