World Cup 2010

redruM

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was sure that i was ready to read comment about the conspiracy against USA or whatever... Referee mistakes are a made on a regular basis (in a sport that haven't yet the video to help decision)

Ok USA got at least 2 good goals during the competition that were not count because of a mistake (maybe 3)... but let's ask the African teams during the World Cup in Germany how poorly were the referees with them... or even Italia during the Korean/Japan world cup ! Now we're talkin' !

USA teams aren't good enough to win a World Cup... or to be in the top 4 in a regular basis... right now ! But that could happen knowing how the americans are always trying to be competitive in everything (that's a quality obviously)... Right now they are playing with more heart than everything else... The will fall short when they will hit real good time BUT as far as they are playing... they are a REALLY entertaining team and i'm happy that they have reach the 1/8 !

Go USA .. but stop believe that there is a conspiracy when something doesn't go in your way...

Maybe one day you will be as competitive as Brazil, Germany, Italy or Argentina... But i seriously doubt that. You can't change the DNA that are in these people ; )

Anyway... GO USA as long as you're so fun to watch !

I don't think there is a FIFA conspiracy against the USA, and while the ref today totally blew that call on the goal, he made a few bad calls for both teams.

However vs Slovenia, koman coulibaly made a dozen or so calls that ranged from questionable to downright atrocious with none going to the benefit of USA. I'm skeptical that he was a "neutral ref".

One of the major problem with World Cup is the obligation for the Fifa to have international referee from all around the World ... And all the good ref are from country that are playing to a high level (good championship give good players AND good referee).... and the same logical can be apply for all the other referees

You could have plenty of " Koman Coulibaly" that aren't used to high level... and make more mistakes than other one. They cannot be biased coz they all are under the radar of a judge who decide who leave the competition and who keep going...

For example that Coulibaly will never have another game during this World Cup (as the french referee that make terrible mistakes on the Brazil/Ivory Coast game... )

Ghana got better player in every line (except the goalie... even if Kingston is good.. yours is really good)

US Squad got a good physical presence & are well prepared (but i bet that their preparation was more for the first tour.... not really tooo far)... Ghana is the most physical team of Africa with a lot of technical players

I haven't look (so many surprise in this world cup) at the group... so i dunno what's next for the winner team, but winning against this Ghana team will be far from easy !

But you looks like to be the underdog...

Had Italy played more than 10 min, they would have easily advanced. Another European powerhouse going home early. It just shows talent doesn’t get you anywhere if you don’t play like a team. Congratulations to New Zeeland who go home without a loss. Not bad for a country with only 25 professional soccer players

I'm glad Italy is out since the Dutch don't have to play them in the next round now. Well, at least Italy wasn't as bad as France.

Read this quote today which sums up the World Cup thus far:

'This World Cup is turning out to be just like World War II - the French surrendered early, the US arrived at the last minute, the Italians don't know which side to pick and the English are left to fight the Germans.'

France & Italy were pathetic...

England is almost weak, Spain is disappointed, Germany isn't thaaat good etc etc...

WAY TOO MANY games played during the season....

It's not an excuse for french/italian "performance" but best players doesn't start the Cup in the best shape... I'm even surprise that Messi is that good (and play during the third game) ...

I'm so afraid Brazil will once again win the competition... Everyone except Brazil or Spain ... pleeeeaaaase !

EAT IT ITALY! (This coming from a person of mostly Italian descent)

GO USA!

DESTROY GHANA!

Good to know there's at least one Italian American who doesn't pretend they are an Italian patriot who has always loved the Italian soccer team.

Edited by ben00rs