95 replies to this topic

#41 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,797 posts

Posted 10 December 2007 - 12:27 AM

No the trap still sucks, except we don't play a trap. And fine lets talk about the past, specifically 1994 when beating a rival in a playoff series led to a Stanley Cup not bragging rights on who didn't win the cup that year. Oh, sick burn!!!

Burn?? What are you 13 years old?

And if the Rangers weren't so fvcking horrible to the point where they perennially failed to make the playoffs for about a decade you can bet your ass the Devils would have beaten them in a playoff series in 2000 or 2003.
"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#42 AveryIsGay

AveryIsGay

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 10 December 2007 - 12:30 AM

Burn?? What are you 13 years old?

And if the Rangers weren't so fvcking horrible to the point where they perennially failed to make the playoffs for about a decade you can bet your ass the Devils would have beaten them in a playoff series in 2000 or 2003.

God how many people have to ask this? It's been firmly established that I am either
a) 4 years old
b) a 4th grader or
c) 13

Let's not speculate on if we played a series in a year that already happened how it would turn out. As the cliche goes if your mom and dad weren't siblings you wouldn't be retarded.
To the admin who changed my username from AveryIsGod to AveryIsGay, eat me.

#43 NJDevs26

NJDevs26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 10 December 2007 - 12:32 AM

His profile says 24 but that's probably inflated as much as Gionta's listed height, or Ranger attendance numbers.

#44 El Diablo

El Diablo

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 6,355 posts

Posted 10 December 2007 - 12:46 AM

Thanks for the summary Avery I missed the game but tivo'd it so it saves me the time ... are we still in first place ? I live for the moment too.. although I have 3 stanley cups forever etched in my memory.... you? thanks for posting - dont be a stranger please come around when your team loses too - not like 'other' rags fans ... see you :koolaid:
Posted Image

- props to Puddy for Stevens banner above -

"Stevens doesn't check a guy's age, his salary, his scoring record or his Hall of Fame credentials when he lines him up. He just hits him. "

"YOURE NEXT" -Scott Stevens

"Where are you from?" Jersey. Where the weak are killed and eaten.

#45 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 10 December 2007 - 12:50 AM

If the Rangers don't trap, then I'd like to know what this is.

Posted Image

Rangers fans are funny.
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#46 AveryIsGay

AveryIsGay

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 10 December 2007 - 12:54 AM

Thanks for the summary Avery I missed the game but tivo'd it so it saves me the time ... are we still in first place ? I live for the moment too.. although I have 3 stanley cups forever etched in my memory.... you? thanks for posting - dont be a stranger please come around when your team loses too - not like 'other' rags fans ... see you :koolaid:

I'll be here. I am in no way delusional to the way my team's played this year. The 3 games prior to tonigh were horrendous and tonight wasn't much better. Also we lack consistent scoring. Luckily there was a low shot total on your part.

I'd love to stick around and talk sh!t for no good reason but I have things to do, insomnia's a mother-effer.

#47 Devilsdude530

Devilsdude530

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,643 posts

Posted 10 December 2007 - 01:04 AM

If the Rangers don't trap, then I'd like to know what this is.

Posted Image

Rangers fans are funny.

POD.
Steve is now at Kukla's Korner, so check him out.

Keeper of Mr. Overtime, Patrick Elias.
Keeper of Johnny Oduya
Keeper of Kevin Weekes
Keeper of the NJ Rock 'n' Rollers
Keeper of The NHL On VERSUS and THE NHL On NBC

"Not every player is a Devil" - Lou Lamoriello

#48 Beezer34

Beezer34

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,011 posts

Posted 10 December 2007 - 01:39 AM

Besides the fact that our winning streak ended, there's not a whole lot to feel bad about if you're a Devils fan. We haven't lost a game since the third week of Novmeber, it was bound to end sometime. I've said it before, the Rangers don't scare me. I realize we havn't beaten them yet this season, but it's a whole new ballgame when you hit the postseason. Hypothetically even if the Rags sweep us for the season series, what will that mean if we then sweep them in the playoffs? This Devils team is a team to be proud of. (VERY proud of) Only Ottawa & Detorit have more wins than us in the entire league, you'd be blind to say the team's struggling. The big picture tells a different story. If Ranger fans wish to get all excited over their first victory in four game, please by all means enjoy. :rolleyes:

"...quicker than Esa Tikkanen's tenure with the New Jersey Devils." -Brian Duff (regarding Ted Saskin's NHLPA authority) smiley-happy112.gif

#49 DevilinLA

DevilinLA

Trivia Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,221 posts

Posted 10 December 2007 - 02:02 AM

I can't for the life of me understand why anyone would want to log on to another team board to taunt its fans when your hockey team (that was predicted to be an all-star team) marginally won a 0-1 game in overtime?!??!
While at the same time, you are still behind in the standings?
Boggles my mind...what do you have to be so proud of?
...With this Ranger team anything short of a cup should be viewed as failure by its fickle fan-base.
...while the Devils are performing above and beyond the predictions of most hockey writers without the marqis talent.
I've always believe dthat if you were truely confident in your team, there would be no need to ACTIVELY seek out other team boards to taunt them....YOUR TEAM's PLAY SHOULD SPEAK FOR ITSELF!!!

:noclue: :noclue: :noclue:
Posted Image
Sole Keeper of Anton Volchenkov
Sole Keeper of Mike Mottau #27
Keeper of Bryce Salvador #24

#50 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,138 posts

Posted 10 December 2007 - 02:11 AM

Stop feeding the troll. Seriously, if no one would respond this thread would have died but he got the rise out of you all that he wanted.

#51 skeeter

skeeter

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,480 posts

Posted 10 December 2007 - 02:11 AM

No the trap still sucks, except we don't play a trap. And fine lets talk about the past, specifically 1994 when beating a rival in a playoff series led to a Stanley Cup not bragging rights on who didn't win the cup that year. Oh, sick burn!!!

And to everyone talking about Aves not being on the team next season, I highly doubt it.

Thanks for continuing the stereotype of Ranger fans being attention-seeking mental midgets. "You should see me guys. I'm all over this Devils message board. I took time off from WOW and PWNED them Debbie fans good. I brought up 1994, next time I'll type MATTEAU!! MATTEAU!! That'll show them. What did he do again? I was only 2 at the time, and what's this trap they keep saying the Rangers play? I just denied it but have no idea how it works."
gallery_47_36_882.png
Keeper of Mike Miller's cracking voice
Keeper of Claude the trumpet guy
Keeper of Slapshot the fondlin' mascot

#52 AveryIsGay

AveryIsGay

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 10 December 2007 - 02:37 AM

Beezer's right, your team has been the envy of the Atlantic the last few weeks. The fact that your win streak came during our downturn makes it all the more frustrating. I'm much happier about a Rangers win than a Devils loss. In all honesty I'd love to see the two meet in the playoffs. It should make for a good series.

Satans Hockey: I'd still post every once in a while, just less hostile.

skeeter: I've been playing hockey for over a decade (until recently due to surgery) so I'd say I'm familiar with what a trap is thanks. I know exactly what Matteau did. Also, I don't play WOW nor do I tell my friends about this. It's more for my own interest/amusement. What else would I be doing at 2:30 in the morning. Combinations of insomnia and study breaks force me to find something to do.

#53 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,797 posts

Posted 10 December 2007 - 03:24 AM

God how many people have to ask this? It's been firmly established that I am either
a) 4 years old
b) a 4th grader or
c) 13

Let's not speculate on if we played a series in a year that already happened how it would turn out. As the cliche goes if your mom and dad weren't siblings you wouldn't be retarded.

Well you were the one who mentioned the Rangers beating the Devils in 94 and going on to win the Cup, and of course your only defense to the fact that the Devils would have wrecked the Rangers even worse than in 06 if the Rangers actually managed to make the playoffs in 2000 or 2003 is "well let's not speculate..." Wow what a brilliant comeback.
"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#54 Elias26

Elias26

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,576 posts

Posted 10 December 2007 - 06:57 AM

Also, I don't play WOW

2 bad, I was just starting to like you...
Bobby Holik wouldn't name a (Christmas) song. He said: "Music means nothing to me." When Tom Gulitti of the
Record suggested he'd be called Scrooge, Holik said: "It won't be the first time." -Bobby Holik Christmas 2008

“I made a decision to be here. Just because the team is going through a rough time doesn’t mean you leave. This has become my second home. I love playing here. Patrik Elias January 31, 2011

#55 NJCroMag

NJCroMag

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 10 December 2007 - 07:54 AM

Hahahahahahahahaha

We're 4-0-0 against you this year.

Gomez was the best forward on the ice all game, including a pretty set-up for GWG.

Stopped dead in your tracks during your win streak.

We break our 3 game skid against you.

Hank gets his 15th win and 5th shutout.

All in all an enjoyable evening.

Have a nice night.

Hey man, you got a little snot hanging out of your nostril.

No. Not that one. Other side.

There ya go. NOW you got it.
"A lot o' people don't realize what's really going on. They view life as a bunch o' unconnected incidents 'n things. They don't realize that there's this, like, lattice o' coincidence that lays on top o' everything. Give you an example; show you what I mean: suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness."

#56 redruM

redruM

Hockey God

• Members
  • 6,478 posts

Posted 10 December 2007 - 08:12 AM

First off..

GOMEZ SUCKS!!!

Even a blind squirrel finds an acorn once in a while!!

Now back to reality...

Devs in 1st place... and its not even Xmas yet..
Posted Image

2006 Pat Burns Award Winner(Most emotional Poster)
2006 JHL CHAMPION!!
2005 CHAMPION of the 1st Annual NJDevs Fantasy Wrestling League!!!
2005 Finalist 1st Annual NJDEVS Fantasy Baseball League
2005 Pat Burns Award Winner(Most emotional Poster)
2004 LockOut Trivia CHAMP!!!

Keeper of The original Welcome to Hell Forum, Jimmy Dowd, Brian Rolston, "Christmas Tree" Jersey's and the Original Trade Documents of the FREEZE man!!

BOM U11G Dynamite

Posted Image

#57 Exit56

Exit56

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 840 posts

Posted 10 December 2007 - 08:37 AM

what's wrong with WoW?

#58 mrthemike

mrthemike

Cursed_Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,190 posts

Posted 10 December 2007 - 09:15 AM

what's wrong with WoW?

Nothing, WoW is good times.

Sole Posted Image of Emmy Rossum

#59 Revan

Revan

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,520 posts

Posted 10 December 2007 - 09:20 AM

Avery has publicly expressed that he enjoys playing in NY. If Sather isn't a complete idiot (which is debatable) he'll resign Avery since he's a fan favorite and a big factor on the ice.

Gomez had publicly expressed that he wouldn't play for the Rangers.

#60 Jerrydevil

Jerrydevil

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,902 posts

Posted 10 December 2007 - 09:50 AM

That reminds me. Wasnt there some 4 games we had one against you a couple years ago? You know, when the stakes are a little higher? Ohh yeah i remember now. Enjoy.

I loved that video, and I loved the music choice there, too. Good times.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users