2011-2012 Devils Schedule

MDPucks

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Fact this is potentially Martys last year and with the new CBA looming it has forced my hand. Me and my GF are planning a trip to NY in March to see some games and go to museums/be tourists/ go shopping.

Any idea when the tickets go on sale, and can anyone give me an idea of last years/ this years prices?

I can't seem to find them on the Devils website.

Cheers!!

Just a heads up, you might be better off waiting until around the day of the game and checking stubhub.com. Against a weak draw, you might be able to get tickets in half price in some sections.

Yeah the Devils have been insanely slow in coming out with box office prices this year, in part because they're supposedly going to tiered pricing (where it costs more for certain games and less for others) next season.

Tickets themselves tend to go on sale in early September I think.

Why are so many people assuming this is Marty's last season? If I remember correctly, his GAA was below 2 for the second half of last season. It doesn't matter how old you are if you can still play like you're younger.

Final year of contract + potential CBA stoppage again next year = theories that this could be his final year.

Why are so many people assuming this is Marty's last season? If I remember correctly, his GAA was below 2 for the second half of last season. It doesn't matter how old you are if you can still play like you're younger.

Well I mean, he's said before that if the league has a lockout again he's hanging em up (don't have a source but I think it was a TG article)

Assuming the league doesn't lockout, I can't see Marty doing...well, Marty (65+ games a year) for much longer.

I'd love to see him share duties with a young 1b type of goalie (30-52 split maybe), but I guess it depends on how long he wants to play / if he wants to play past his current contract.

Final year of contract + potential CBA stoppage again next year = theories that this could be his final year.

Yeah, it would be tough for him to come back after a year without full speed hockey at the age of 41 or 42. I could see him staying another year or 2 without a lockout though.

Just a heads up, you might be better off waiting until around the day of the game and checking stubhub.com. Against a weak draw, you might be able to get tickets in half price in some sections.

Thanks, i am thinking of doing that for a couple of games, but since i am coming a long way I was planning on getting a few pre booked, just to make sure i had a game to go to for sure.

One stretch is basically all Atlantic division teams:

SUN MAR 4, 2012 	DEVILS	ISLANDERS	3:00 PM 
TUE MAR 6, 2012 RANGERS DEVILS 7:00 PM
THU MAR 8, 2012 ISLANDERS DEVILS 7:00 PM
SAT MAR 10, 2012 DEVILS ISLANDERS 7:00 PM
SUN MAR 11, 2012 FLYERS DEVILS 7:00 PM

So tickets might be a bit hard to come by I am guessing?

The second potential stretch is:

SUN MAR 11, 2012 	FLYERS	DEVILS	        7:00 PM 		 
TUE MAR 13, 2012 DEVILS FLYERS 7:00 PM
THU MAR 15, 2012 AVALANCHE DEVILS 7:00 PM
SAT MAR 17, 2012 PENGUINS DEVILS 1:00 PM
MON MAR 19, 2012 DEVILS RANGERS 7:00 PM

Again some might be hard to get hold of.

Finally:

FRI MAR 23, 2012 	MAPLE LEAFS	DEVILS	7:00 PM 		 
SUN MAR 25, 2012 DEVILS PENGUINS 7:00 PM
TUE MAR 27, 2012 BLACKHAWKS DEVILS 7:00 PM
THU MAR 29, 2012 LIGHTNING DEVILS 7:00 PM

Guessing that would be the easiest of the bunch really?

Yeah the Devils have been insanely slow in coming out with box office prices this year, in part because they're supposedly going to tiered pricing (where it costs more for certain games and less for others) next season.

Ah I see, I remember the prices being out a lot sooner last year. If they switch to the tiered pricing that could make some of my segments pretty expensive!!

I'm not, but it is his last one for sure, he has a contract this year, and barring any injuries (PLEASE GOD NOT AGAIN) will be playing. So its my chance to see the greatest in the game play for sure (in theory) before he retires. I already missed Stevens, Danyenko and Neids!!!

Edited by Chimaira_Devil_#9

For Flyers and Rangers games, if you don't get them ASAP, you're going to be paying well above face value. For the Islanders, you could most likely wait until the day of the game and get them below face value. Same with the Avalanche game. The Pittsburgh game on the 17th will most likely be Retro night, so that'll sell out, though if I remember correctly, they were still advertising tickets a couple of days before this year's game. You won't be able to get tickets below face value on the secondary market, though. The Blackhawks and Lightning games shouldn't be a problem to get tickets to.

Also, just a heads up, that Pittsburgh game on March 25th you're looking at is in Pittsburgh, which is 6+ hours away from New Jersey by car, so I'm not sure (depending on your trip schedule and willingness to drive on the right side of the road or to drop even more money on a flight from Newark to Pittsburgh) if that's something you'd want to do.

For Flyers and Rangers games, if you don't get them ASAP, you're going to be paying well above face value. For the Islanders, you could most likely wait until the day of the game and get them below face value. Same with the Avalanche game. The Pittsburgh game on the 17th will most likely be Retro night, so that'll sell out, though if I remember correctly, they were still advertising tickets a couple of days before this year's game. You won't be able to get tickets below face value on the secondary market, though. The Blackhawks and Lightning games shouldn't be a problem to get tickets to.

Also, just a heads up, that Pittsburgh game on March 25th you're looking at is in Pittsburgh, which is 6+ hours away from New Jersey by car, so I'm not sure (depending on your trip schedule and willingness to drive on the right side of the road or to drop even more money on a flight from Newark to Pittsburgh) if that's something you'd want to do.

Thanks RSC, I was thinking of making sure I picked up the Rangers and Flyers tickets first and then grabing anything else on the day as a bonus.

Yeah i left the Penguins game in just for the purpose of planning on where to find a bar to watch it in, i wont be travelling down to watch.

Any advice on attending MSG or the Coliseum?

Thanks RSC, I was thinking of making sure I picked up the Rangers and Flyers tickets first and then grabing anything else on the day as a bonus.

Yeah i left the Penguins game in just for the purpose of planning on where to find a bar to watch it in, i wont be travelling down to watch.

Any advice on attending MSG or the Coliseum?

Be prepared to be disappointed if you go there after you've seen the Rock.

But seriously, depending where you're staying, you may want to take NJ Transit to Penn Station since it's directly under the Garden. I've never sat in the 400's for a game so I don't know how volatile the fans are. I've been down in the lowers a bunch of times and its mostly people in suits who aren't paying attention.

It's best to drive to Nassau since the trains out there will take hours after transfers and whatever. There are a few obstructed angles, but it's very small so you're never too far from the ice.

Where did you hear about the tiered pricing? I haven't heard anything about that except the adding of different price zones in the lowers and middle decks depending on where you sit.

Pre-Season Schedule is up:

NEW JERSEY DEVILS PRE-SEASON SCHEDULE

Wed. Sept. 21 NY Rangers Times Union Center, Albany, NY 7:00 PM

FRI. SEPT. 23 NY RANGERS PRUDENTIAL CENTER 7:00 PM

Sat. Sept. 24 NY Islanders Nassau Coliseum 7:00 PM

Thu. Sept. 29 Philadelphia Wells Fargo Center 7:00 PM

FRI. SEPT. 30 NY ISLANDERS PRUDENTIAL CENTER 7:00 PM

SAT. OCT. 1 PHILADELPHIA PRUDENTIAL CENTER 7:00 PM

Pre-Season Schedule is up:

NEW JERSEY DEVILS PRE-SEASON SCHEDULE

Wed. Sept. 21 NY Rangers Times Union Center, Albany, NY 7:00 PM

FRI. SEPT. 23 NY RANGERS PRUDENTIAL CENTER 7:00 PM

Sat. Sept. 24 NY Islanders Nassau Coliseum 7:00 PM

Thu. Sept. 29 Philadelphia Wells Fargo Center 7:00 PM

FRI. SEPT. 30 NY ISLANDERS PRUDENTIAL CENTER 7:00 PM

SAT. OCT. 1 PHILADELPHIA PRUDENTIAL CENTER 7:00 PM

82 days until the first pre-season game... christ, beer me!